Dust denies the power of friendship- life's a mess

Killer kept trying to hype up Dust. But he was just sad. When was he not sad, honestly.

"Oh brother, look, you're worrying your friends again. That's not very nice." Dust sighed. It will be a good day today. He sighed. Killer smiled and dusted his shoulders. 

"There. You look... well, you look like you always do, but it will be fine. This is exciting!" Dust sighed and looked up at the ceiling.

"Yeah brother, this is going to be exciting." Dust closed his eyes and let out a deep breath. 

"Yeah. Thanks." Killer smiled at him. 

"What are friends for?" 

"Yeah brother, your friend. Would he still be your friend if he knew what you've done? His friendship can't erase your mistakes." Dust still smiled at Killer, though. 

"You're a good friend, Kills. Okay, so where is it?" Killer looked at his phone. 

"A candy shop. Oh, lucky. Bring me back some, okay?" Dust tensed. 

"Oh. Okay. What do you want?" Killer waved his hand.

"I don't care. Surprise me. Anyway, I've gotta go. Things need to be done."

"Look. He's leaving you. Just like everyone else." Dust grabbed Killer's arm. 

"Where are you going?" Killer shrugged. 

"I got a lot of things that I need to do. I wanna decorate. Do you want a poster? Eh, it doesn't matter. I'll get you one anyway." Dust stared at where Killer was just a second ago. 

"Look at that. Your 'best friend' left you all alone." Dust shook his head. 

"It's fine. I don't need friends. It doesn't help with anything." Dusttus hummed. 

"Now, are you going to bring him back something? Or are you going to be a disappointment like you always are?"

"Just-" Dust sucked in a breath. "Today is going to be a good day." 

"You tell yourself that all the time. Is it ever a good day? Does it ever work?" Dust looked down at the ground. 

"No." 

"Exactly. You should stop lying to everyone." Dust sighed. 

"Let's just... let's just go." He walked. The candy shop wasn't that far, and it gave him some time to clear his head. Well, kind of. Dusttus wouldn't leave him alone. Dust tried to just ignore him, but it was useless. He spotted Blue in the distance. Blue ran up to him and practically tackled him. Dust almost fell, but he quickly regained his balance. "Hey. Someone's excited." Dust chuckled as he patted Blue's head. 

"Okay, so we get to go back to the factory and try a bunch of free samples and stuff, since I know someone who works here." Dust tried not to panic. He tried to breathe. He didn't have to eat anything. He could just bring stuff back for Killer. As they walked in the shop, the smell tempted him. It smelt so good. It shouldn't have smelt that good.

But it did.

He could resist. He'd been in situations where he was way more tempted. And he resisted. He could do it again. Blue dragged him to the back, where the workers would be. 

"So, there's chocolate and some taffy and other stuff. What do you want to do first?" Dust looked around. 

"Oh, uh... I'm not really that hungry, so you can get whatever you want." Blue brushed him off. 

"Nonsense. It's candy. No one can ever be too hungry for candy." Dust looked to the side. Just one piece couldn't hurt... right?

"I guess we can go to the chocolate first." Blue squealed.