Chapter 25

Both Optimus and Megatron found themselves trying to comfort Saphira over the next week. The girl had been extremely upset that they went after Airachnid without warning her when they made that decision. She understood that they managed to defeat Airachnid, but not before someone got hurt. Arcee was recovering from the strike Airachnid gave her, and that has been good. Soundwave had apparently gone back to work almost immediately after Knockout dealt with his injuries, though it was not surprising.

Megatron had Soundwave focus scanning the northern part of the country to locate any Mech base. He knew Saphira's nightmare could simply be just a dream or an actual vision. Though ever since they returned to base, Saphira actually stopped having the nightmare. The two mechs were happy about that because she was finally getting the rest she needed. Even though she was still upset with them. Mostly because she was upset that they could have gotten hurt.

They both got an earful from Ratchet as well. The medic was very unimpressed that he had not been informed of the decision, and while he was checking both mechs over after treating Arcee, he unleashed a tirade of words at them. Ratchet didn't bring it up again, and he has been trying to comfort Saphira too. Her hormones did seem to be making her hang onto that feeling for the moment.

Despite all of that, Saphira was still planning her birthday. She almost had everything ready, except for the cakes. Optimus began working on deciphering the Iacon codes, which she was happy about despite being upset at him. Saphira found herself watching him working on deciphering the codes because it intrigued her, and Optimus thought about teaching her how to read Cybertronian language. He knew it wasn't necessary since the bots and cons would translate the language for her, but he thought that she might want to learn it at some point.

It was the day before her birthday. Saphira had managed to keep the day quiet from Optimus and Megatron, and the two were focused on finding the relics. She had managed to slip away with Knockout and Breakdown to prepare for her birthday. They were in her room at the moment, and she had decided to try the dress on again to see if it still fit. The two cons had a cube each as they were happily discussing her birthday.

"I kind of hope they locate the first relic," Breakdown said thoughtfully with a smile on his face. "That way Ratchet won't have to think of an excuse to send the two mechs out for a few hours so we can get the base ready."

"You and me both, deary," Knockout said in a sweet tone. "And the medic hasn't even thought of a good reason. He's been trying to, but each one he has thought of wouldn't do the trick. I tried thinking of something too, but they weren't good either."

Breakdown chuckled softly. "Yeah. Seems to me the only way we are going to chase Optimus and Megatron out of the base is if they find an Iacon relic." He turned his head towards Saphira's bedroom. "How is the dress going, Saphira. You've been in there for ten minutes."

"I have it on, I'm just trying to figure other stuff out to go with it," Saphira responded loudly. "I bought a couple sandals that will look nice with the dress. I might need help choosing between them actually." She walked over to her door and opened it. Knockout and Breakdown smile when they both saw the dress Saphira was wearing. It was not like the one they found on the internet, but Saphira liked this one better. It was dark green with a sweetheart neckline, shoestring straps and the long skirt of the dress had silver glitter on it, making it look a bit like rain. It glittered gently under the light. Saphira held up a pair of silver sandals with a slightly raised heel, a white pair with diamantes along the straps and a plain black pair of sandals. She places the down on a table and gestured to them. "Which one do you think would look the best?" Knockout did not look at the sandals, his smile had widened, and he pressed his hands together. "What?"

Breakdown's grin widened too. "You have a sparkling bump." He gestured to her stomach and Saphira glanced down before blushing, almost forgetting that only Optimus and Megatron knew. "This is wonderful! The sparklings are growing so nicely."