Chapter 54

Once in the dark hall of the Nemesis, Saphira was taken to the med bay where the sparklings were also moved to. She did not want to be taken to the med bay knowing that Optimus was still on the planet in the base. Even though she had been stitched up, Saphira needed to rest. She was exhausted and still sore from the birth. And she has yet to even see her sparklings. She could only hear them.

As soon as Ratchet reached the med bay, Arcee was here as well being looked over by Knockout. Bulkhead was looking at the two incubators with a smile. He did not know what to expect when seeing the sparklings for the first time, and he thought they were incredibly cute. He was certainly looking forward to the day they are bigger and stronger so they could be taught some wrecker style tackling.

"You really made some cute sparklings, Saphira," Bulkhead comments joyfully as he gazed between the two. "At least they seem strong, despite being born so early..."

Saphira looked over as Ratchet was about to put the gurney onto the berth. "Ratchet, wait!" Saphira placed her hand on his chassis and looked up at him with sad eyes. "I want to see them. I haven't seen them yet...please..."

Ratchet glanced towards the incubators and looked at Saphira kindly. "But you need to rest, Saphira."

"I can't!" Saphira snapped at him with a light sob. "I can't rest while Optimus is still down there! I can't rest until I've seen my babies! Please, just let me have something before I get some sleep."

Ratchet watched as tears roll down Saphira's cheeks and decided it was best to let her see her daughters. "Very well...I do not know when you will get to hold them, though. Knockout and I have all the vital systems connected, we just need to do a full check of their system when we have the chance." He turned and walked towards the incubators and Bulkhead moved away to allow Ratchet to show Saphira. "This is Stellaxy, your eldest."

Saphira shifted in the gurney slightly as she wanted to see directly into the incubator. She peered through the glass at her daughter. She smiled and her eyes fill with fresh tears as she stared at her. Stellaxy's body was not quite what Saphira expected. Her silver protoform was complete, though it still appeared to be very soft. Stellaxy had a slender body and her face was shaped similarly to Megatron's. She had red optics, which made Saphira happy it was an optic and not an actual eye. But the optics held fluid within them and she could see in the open, wailing mouth of the sparkling that she did have flesh within the protoform.

Saphira wanted to touch her and calm her down. "She's so small..." She sniffled as tears fell from her eyes. She could see a very thin, light membrane around the sparkling's body. It appeared to be skin. Saphira felt bad that the skin wasn't allowed to fully develop. And on the sparkling's head, there was dark, silver tufts of metal-like hair. And the sparkling was indeed small. Stellaxy was bigger than an average new born human, and smaller than an average one year old. "Are you sure I can't hold her?"

"Sorry, Saphira..." Ratchet smiled at her sadly as Saphira's shoulders slump slightly in disappointment. "Maybe when you wake, you can. They are currently being given the fluids and nutrition that they need. Though, their system is fully developed, so they should be fine. Their bodies just needed to finish growing and getting stronger...I will show you Calytrix."

Saphira smiled slightly as Ratchet moved to the next incubator to show her the second sparkling. Calytrix had the same build as Stellaxy, her body is slender with a tinge of blue on the top of her head and red on her shoulders, just as her father looked. Her skin was also just a membrane and was very fragile by the eye. Her optics were a mint green, and they lock onto Saphira as soon as the wailing sparkling saw her. Calytrix lifts her hands weakly with grasping motions of her hands. Saphira wanted to pick her up. Calytrix had dark blue, metal-like hair at the top of her head and her face resembled a mix of Saphira and Optimus's face shape. She was beautiful like her sister is.