Chapter 36

Saphira had been miserable over the next couple days. Nightmares filled her nights with terror, and she became tired and irritable. Bulkhead was no longer her target for anger, it was in fact Optimus and Megatron now. Saphira would snap at them randomly about something, usually when they were trying to comfort her. It was hard because Saphira wanted comfort, but she would also get mad at what they say to her. She was terrified of the revelation that Silas would probably attack in a couple weeks and they needed some kind of plan.

Right now, the hull of Megatron's ship was found to be more compromised than first realized and that meant it will take longer to fix. It was landed on the dark side of the moon so it was easier to work on. In the meantime, Raf rejoined the base and he has been spending time with Ratchet and Optimus to try and improve a few things so they were able to watch Mech's actions easier. Fowler had stated that is what the military are trying to do as well.

Saphira was no longer interested in participating in Christmas planning. She would freak out whenever someone mentioned it. It was during this time that Optimus and Megatron would learn more about Christmas, and why it was important to humans. To them, it was very beautiful and they both wanted Saphira to see Christmas without much casualty. That was their hope and plan.

They were also working on the Harbinger as well. The ship had a lot of work to do on it before it could be functional enough as a second base. Starscream overshadowed the project, he had insisted as he found the Harbinger and wanted to make things right regarding hiding the ship and that he cared a lot for Saphira.

It actually surprised Megatron that Starscream had formed a quick bond with Saphira. But as they both have wanted to feel important, even if their stories are so different, it made sense that they were able to understand each other in a way the others couldn't possibly understand. It made Knockout a little jealous as he had also had a close bond with Saphira. But her friendship with Starscream was quite different, and he didn't know if he liked it.

Smokescreen was eventually told Saphira's story, and he was incredibly shocked to even learn about how Saphira was treated. He realized he was lucky to even know Saphira now, even though he would have definitely tried to be there for Saphira to help her through that time. He and Saphira were becoming friends, but Saphira found it difficult because he still held animosity towards Megatron. She understood the reason, but it made it difficult for them to even build a friendship.

Ratchet seemed to be the only one to help her calm down as he primarily focused on the sparklings. Her new stress had been causing her to have morning sickness again regularly, and she was going to have a check up on the sparklings this week. She wasn't sure if she was excited by this or not. She knew by Christmas she will probably feel like she was carrying a whale. The sparklings were indeed growing through a growth spurt at the moment, and all of these revelations were causing her to not only lose sleep and become stressed, she also found herself being picky with her food. She stopped craving fish and it became difficult to find something she would want to eat.

It was up to Fowler to help with this as none of the children could leave the base safely. Optimus and Megatron were upset because they worried she would unintentionally starve herself. She did eat a lot of chocolate ice cream, which seemed to be the only thing she wanted to eat. They knew she couldn't have that all the time, though. Thankfully, she would eat chicken with potatoes and some greens, and she was still eating the Japanese style breakfast, without the kelp and pickled vegetables. It wasn't all terrible, but Saphira's mind felt as though it did a complete somersault, and everyone was worried about her. June was allowed in the base to help as well, knowing that a human nurse would be needed to help Saphira through this.

Saphira was in her bedroom by herself laying on the bed deep in thought. She had stormed into her room after Megatron had told her that everything would be alright. She hated that saying right now, and has told them not to say it to her anymore. She didn't want to hear it, as she didn't believe it right now. She didn't care if it sounded unreasonable to everyone else. Her mind was just filled with worry. She felt as though there was almost no way to relax now. She has tried, and it just made her more upset. She was all over the place.