Chapter 44

No one had expected to see Shockwave walking through the space bridge vortex. They all thought that he was not even alive anymore. But here he was, one of the most dangerous decepticons was standing before them without a sign of damage to his body. They all were curious to know how he even survived and why happened.

"Lord Megatron..." The cyclops decepticon addressed Megatron politely with a slightly bow of the head. "It is my great pleasure that I return to serve you." He glanced at Optimus for a moment and looked at Megatron curiously. "It would seem in my absence you have managed to end this war somehow. I hope that there is a logical explanation for that reason."

"Shockwave, it brings my spark great joy to see you alive," Megatron said enthusiastically, smiling at the large con. "I had thought you perished on Cybertron."

"I thought that too when Cliffjumper and I escaped Cybertron through the space bridge," Arcee commented with a curious expression.

Shockwave ignored Arcee's comment and focused on Megatron. "You are right to learn the war is over. It ended a few months ago shortly after finding my sparkmate."

Shockwave was surprised to hear his master found his sparkmate. "I find it illogical that you would end the war based on finding a sparkmate. Congratulations is still in order."

"You might be right about that," Megatron said with a light laugh, which led to him grimacing as laughing hurt his chest a little. "However...Optimus Prime and I share the same sparkmate..." Shockwave glanced at Prime curiously before looking back at his master. "Furthermore, it was Primus himself who put this being onto this planet to end this war."

"Primus created your sparkmate?"

Megatron nodded. "Yes, he had a hand in her creation. He sent a sliver of his own spark to this planet to create the sparkmate we know now. And she is currently carrying our sparklings."

Shockwave processed the information carefully as he listened. "Would this mean that your sparkmate is human?" The silver mech nodded. "It would certainly be illogical if she was not related to our kind. If Primus created her for the reason of ending this war, it would be illogical to question it. However..." He paused as he glanced over Megatron curiously. "You are injured. If there is no war between autobots and decepticons, why are you holding your stomach, Megatron?"

Megatron grimaced slightly from the question and intakes heavily. "It was not caused by an autobot...it was by a danger that Primus warned us to be our greatest enemy on this planet." Shockwave was silent as he listened intently on Megatron's explanation. "It was caused by Mech. Mech is a human organisation run by ex-military personal, and they have been researching technology to the point where they have managed to create transforming robots similar to us. These robots are not alive, by any means...but as the robots are not manned from the inside, and they have pushed their technology to new limits, and they have managed to get a closer look at our physiology...sadly, Breakdown here knows that better than anyone..."

Shockwaved turned his head to look at Breakdown curiously. "You were dissected by these humans?"

The con nodded. "Yeah..." He grimaced as he remembered that incident. "They somehow managed to knock me out when they captured me, and shut off my pain receiver...so I was practically forced to lay there while they took pieces of my body out of me...it is a memory I will never forget. It took Knockout sometime to repair the damage they have done to me. There are a few things that cannot be reversed, but I am mostly my old self."

Shockwave processed everything before looking back at Megatron. "I find it very illogical that a race, such as humans, is even able to create such an advancement that can harm our own being. I think it is impressive if a race of primitive beings are even able to do that. But now I have returned, and I believe I could bring a solution to your problem."