Chapter 66

One Week Later...

A week passed since Saphira touched the crystals. Saphira did get a skin graft for her arm and hand when it had healed enough so that it wouldn't scar. When Optimus and Megatron were told how skin grafts work from June, they were a little horrified, but as it was something that would help Saphira, they were not going to complain too much at all.

Saphira was lucky that she did not have to remain in the med bay for too long. Saphira did have to go back to check her whole body due to the strain and pain her body had been through. Even when she had shown she was well after waking up, she was made to remain under observation for at least a day. She wasn't happy about that, and she had to miss out spending time with the sparklings, which proved tiring for her two sparkmates as they almost had to stay up a whole night to calm them down. But the twins seemed to be behaving normal.

It seemed the incident didn't affect them, which was good as they had slept through it. The mechs were worried that Calyrix and Stellaxy would have felt the shock. It seemed like they didn't and their days were normal, aside from the fact they weren't crying or as distressed as they were the month before. It gave them a bit of respite, though Saphira did still wake up in the middle of the night when Calytrix would wake up and need to be fed and have a diaper changed.

Saphira had not said anything about what she experienced. She wanted to, but she felt like she would be an idiot if told anyone. Mostly because she didn't believe everything herself. Especially the part where Alpha Trion told her she could transform, and she was somehow able to revive Starscream without the crystals. She was utterly heartbroken when she learned the crystals shattered as the energy had drained somehow. And Shockwave did figure out the energy was in her now, and Ratchet found her Cybertronian CNA seemed to be changed and was closer to Cybertronian CNA than what it was before. Saphira didn't particularly like that information.

Saphira was currently relaxing on Optimus's shoulder. She had become a little clingy ever since the incident. Though so has Optimus and Megatron. Both of them have spoken about private time with Saphira, but she actually didn't have any interest in any intimacy right now. Her mind was just full about other things to even think about it. Optimus did try once, and she ended up literally pushing his face away with her hands and feet and turning away from him, angry that he would even try. It hurt Optimus that she would do that, and she felt guilty for it, but he didn't press. And nor did Megatron as he witnessed it as well.

But she still opted to stay as close as possible to them. Their company was soothing. Saphira was relaxing against the side of his head, deep in thought as he worked on locating the third Omega Key. She could hear his fingers working on the console as she thought over some things. She took a deep breath as she looked at her hands silently. "Optimus...can I ask you something?"

Optimus hummed softly in response, though he remained completely focused on his task. "You are free to ask me anything at anytime, Saphira. What is on your mind?"

"Well...um..." Saphira didn't really know what to say. "Would it...bother you...or make you happy if I was somehow able to transform?" Optimus paused and turned his head slightly, Saphira felt his cheek move and she leaned forward so she would not restrict him. "Because...I think I might be able to...but I don't know how...how can I learn when I never was taught..."

"Saphira...I have told you once before that it does not bother me that you cannot transform. If the energy has increased that chance for you now, I am unsure of what implications that would mean. However..." He turned his head enough to look directly at her. "I love you, Saphira. Little moon...I do not care if you cannot transform. You do not need to transform physically. You have indeed transformed from the terrified child we had met last year...it was a shame we couldn't celebrate one year of knowing you since you were stuck with Mech."