Chapter 10

"Fallen from Grace"

November 3rd, 2055

An international coalition managed to form in less than a day, seeing the crisis in the United States. At first, many across the internet thought of the event as a joke, a well edited and computerized prank.

It did not sound impossible.

Computer technology and deep faking has been becoming increasingly and alarmingly realistic. So realistic to the point that the United States has banned using it to impersonate important and powerful figures. So faking some sort of monster invasion of Southern New York City wasn't totally out of the question.

It began to be dismissed internally as a prank, with social media sites and politicians telling their people its just Americans being Americans. That the whole issue will just blow over as a prank eventually

However once news broadcasts out of New York went silent, stations like BBC and Wion began to move in with News Crews.

They didn't have to break the horizon to see the smoke and fire all over New York City as well as the large abundance of Military presence.

And then the news crews saw the creaturesfor themselves, and they began to send emergency broadcasts all over, the signals rapidly traveling back to their home countries.

The broadcasts began to come back to the stations and out to the public, as crowds of people realized what has happened in the Mid Atlantic United States was real, and may very well be coming to them next.

They just recently had to deal with the mess of a potential terrorist-manned missile strike out of Chicago, they do NOT want to deal with some supernatural event to be happening just soon after.

Riots and Martial Law 'round the world, as well as a drastic spike in Gun Ownership in the United States.

What a time to be alive

The tropical city of Honolulu was packed to the brim with UN Vehicles, equipment, and Peacekeepers.

The United Nations had to meet here and are now preparing to fully establish a base in these islands, solely because the issue in the Mid-Atlantic may spell trouble for the rest of the continent and all of its close islands.

They weren't thinking of sacrificing the Mainland Americas to this infection, no, they just want to stay ready.

Marching on through, Hunter 2-1 was summoned due to their first hand experience with the infection. Ramirez also had the most first hand experience with the slugs, so he can testify for those slugs they ran into.

Foley took a deep breath, they were all in their Army Service Uniforms and stopped infront of the door. He turns to his squad, 'You all ready?" He questions them. Each one gave a slowly and short nod, as Foley took in a deep breath, and opened the door. The sounds of cameras and somebody already presenting filled his senses.

American reporters and American officials stood and saluted Hunter 2-1, as Foley began to head up.

1 hour of politics later, Foley and Ramirez took up the podium.

The representative of the PRC leaned forward as she began in Mandarin-accented English, "Mr.... Foley of the 75th Ranger Regiment, you say your forces have first hand experience... dealing with these creatures?"

Foley nods as he leans forward into the mix, "That's correct ma'am, now I understand that the United States of America is being accused of this being a bio-weapon by your country." The representative held a smirk, "However", she let go of it, "There is no possible way that this was a biological weapon any of our countries can produce, not in a million years,"

Ramirez took his stand at the podium, "If I may" he seemed relaxed and didn't seem to be phased by what is a clear cut example of political finger pointing, "Judging from the coats and suits are saying and reporting after investigating where ground zero is,"

A screen behind him opened and it began to zoom in on the American City of Philadelphia, "the things, all of this black magic level shit, it is not native to our planet, there is some clear violations of certain laws as we know it and there is certain attributes that when tries to match it to anything we currently know, we got nothing in response."

The representative seemed to squint as she went on the attack again, "Are we sure that you aren't lying and that..."

The following section has been cut due to brevity and the PRC being an annoying prick, like seriously, seriously annoying with pointless questions and red herrings.

Ramirez was slowly losing his patience through out it and Foley just remained silent and disappointed.

Once Foley and Ramirez sat down, Ramirez was audibly clenching his teeth in frustration, with his sister just patting his back.

"Sarge, it's official, I hate politics."

Once the PRC reps left, the verdict came in.

It was decided that, with 4/5 voting in the UNSC, that a special task force would be created to begin heading to the habitable planet.

All of the nations was absolutely skeptical on the vote, till the American representative showed a timeline that, when one of their satellites crashed, the disaster in Philadelphia began.

"It couldn't have been a coincidence", the representative argued, "besides, when in our right mind and in our capacity can we even produce the ability to make magical like capabilities happen, yes we know we have advanced technology and actively indulge in it, but what nation can even do something like this?"

The PRC tried to Veto the move, but they were threatened to leave.

Grumbling, the representative sits down and tries to listen back to what Beijing wants her to say.

The Task Force will be spearheaded and guided by most of the major powers and whoever else can spare special forces.

Representatives of the United States and the United Americas Federation will send their own Marine BCTs and, of course, the squads of the 75th Ranger Regiment. Including America's very own Hunter 2-1.

Spetnaz, European Union Spec Ops, something called Task Force 141, and plenty of other units from around the globe, all of them, being volunteered by the politicians.

The 5 rangers looked at each other, so long as they had each other's back, they wouldn't fear nothing. They can't fear anything, but...

All they fear now, is what exactly are they going to be deployed into?

I try to keep chapters that have long and unnecessary political scenery down to a minimum

[ chapters should be short till past chapter 10, when the "Prologue Arc" ends ]

[ just realized I posted this Chapter without properly editing it, expect it to update within the next 2 hours ]