Chapter 25

"...everybody look what's going down"

Pvt. James Ramirez
Rhodes Island Hallways

Foley had allowed them to explore the base, with the guidance of the local operators of course, while he and the other commanders conversed on what was going to happen. "Ms. Exusiai, Ms. Texas, you 2 are technically in charge of Hunter 2-1 while I and the other commanders get ready for talks."

And with that expression permission from Foley; Exusiai, Texas, and the rest of that little team was technically in charge of him now. And in their eyes, what better way to introduce the Rangers to Rhodes Island by bringing them around.

Ah, Ramirez forgot to mention this, but turns out he had to bring Lana along, the little Lupo sleeping, although was very skeptical on why she had to be detained back at the main base.

"Whooo!" Exusiai yelled, turning to them, "Time for a tour! Stay with your buddy and don't go to anything that's important to Rhodes Island Security. Got it?"

Playing along, and letting Exusiai technically be his and the rest of his team's 'Sergeant', they gave her salute, collectively replying, "Yes ma'am!" A cheeky giggle and some laughs came from her, Dunn and Jonathan. They were technically now Off-Duty, so they feel a bit more relaxed here.

Exusiai gave a thumbs up to Texas, who began to move. She and Lappland silently talked as they moved. Slowly, time seemed to march. Exusiai happily talked about each facility in the base as they walked by.

They passed by the factory rooms, the trading posts, one of them having multiple stickers and marks that had a penguin on it. "What's the story behind that Exuseeye, Ma'am?" Dunn questioned, causing the angel to nervously smile at them and rub the back of her head.

Of course, at the same time, they were moving to bring some of the operators back to their own dorms to rest, Ch'en and the LGD moving to a specialized dorm area. Take 2 birds with one stone he presumed.

As they walked, Ramirez thought back to the M72 and Lana, holding the little girl. What the hell could they have detained her for? What did she do? How did she do it..? So many questions, too many unknowns, too many-

"And here's the cafeteria!" Exusiai announced, breaking Ramirez out of his little train of thought. The group had dwindled down to only her, Croissant, Sora, Texas, Lappland, and Jessica. Dobermann had left, to the control center, and said something about Administrative duties.

"The Cafeteria is one of the largest rooms in Rhodes island, on account of the fact that it has to feed and house a LOT of operators," as they were about to pass, Exusiai took notice of what seemed like a schedule. Her eyes seemed to sparkle at something. When the rangers looked at themselves, they couldn't read it. The language, although sounding English, was incomprehensible to them. Foley is one of the only ones in the group that spent their time trying to study the language's phonics.

Carmen was the other one, and she looked at the board herself, "Apple... pie... haha... I see.." she muttered silently and now the Rangers understood. Ramirez silently laughed while he rubbed the back of Lana. Dunn was a bit more loud, "Ha ha! Nothing like a good old slice of pie after a long day, right?" Jonathon gave Dunn a hi five in agreement.

Ramirez was bout to contact Foley when he replied back, "If you folks are hungry, go get some food." Exusiai still had her headset on and just smiled, and gave a thumbs up. "Let's get some food, come on, we'll show you all the best things here." She opened the door, and right as she did that, the Rangers were hit with the smell of food, and thanks to that they were then reminded of their potent hunger from not having breakfast and it being about late lunch by now.