Chapter 64

United States Government Intranet

Can we get a couple of technicians over to the Pentagon Server Room? The supercomputers are acting up again.

- Officer Caldera

Ms. Mayla Hawthorne is being upgraded from of her advisor rank, in exchange for 1 year as the president of the United States. If she succeeds in handling the nation, the term will not count, and she will be eligible for a legitimate election run.

- United States Congressional Announcer

Super computers in Crystal Palace are showing that plasma and electromagnetic propulsion weapons in a serious production phase are completely possible before New Years Eve, but we need to start looking for places to get more active resources, coolant, and nano-technologies.

- Secretary of Defense, Alfred F. Jones

I showed this to our Five Eyes and to our Japanese friends, and they were showing intense shock at this.

- Secretary of State, newly appointed.

We are signing a bill that will give the United States Space Force a brand new facility to design and test their space ships. It of course, is in Greenland, due to its isolation, and it will hopefully keep most of our rivals away from seeing them.

In addition, we are also expanding on the F-45 'Startrail' concept, it is a good, long term investment in our opinion

- Unified America Party leader McNamara

The Space Force thanks you guys, the Sky is not the limit

- Undersecretary of the Space Force

Wonder if the Space Force will get their own type of fleet? The Air Force already has their own type thanks to Boeing and Lockheed.

- Secretary of Defense

From the United States Department of Defense's hearing on the development of the 2056 X-MBT Program.

Notes:

The incorporation of nanotubes into the composite armor mix improves protection, and enables important weight reductions. Radio-wave absorbent materials and a significantly more powerful exhaust cooling system give the tank semi-stealth characteristics against certain elements.

Multi-layered Graphene Vehicle Armor provide protection with an unprecedented light weight, and is nanorobotic self-repairable, with Lithium-Air batteries and an electrical engine, the thermal heat of the tank is reduced to almost nothing, and together with Adaptive Infrared Camouflage this makes it virtually untrackable by electronically guided missile systems.

More options for utility trailers and forward engineer kits are to be quickly made, making MBTs a Jack of all trades type vehicle in urban situations.

In addition, electromagnetic pulse propulsion for our munitions should keep the velocity of all acceptable rounds to be adjusted depending on what should be required, allowing MBTs to act as heavily armored self-propelled artillery platforms if need be, or if the enemy is a significant distance away and it's more beneficial to just adjust the amount of propulsion used instead of readjusting the gun height.

The Electromagnetic Plasma weapons will become options for the coaxial and crows once the respective systems for each one is developed. Automatic trials are just needed for Project "Lightning" but if it's complete, then we can start making the system, but for different sizes.