Chapter 58

"Clever bastards"

Lungmen Slums

The HAT kit was now running through the building, trying to regroup with that Victorian News Ceres and the Marksman. He began to turn up his radio fully, the situation in that area of the Slums reaching command through the panicked cries and voices of the various international forces.

"Their fucking Arts just wiped out an Abrams!" came one of the cries, followed by the sound of a Bradley's Autocannon firing off. "Where's those fucking Defiants?! We need them and as much heavy gunship support here ASAP!"

"They're on their way, hold tight!" The Brit grumbled, going out the back side, looking at his Mini-Map. Seeing the Marksman and the Victorian news Crew nearby, he began to stumble towards them. He was being flanked by the Crewmen, who had carbine versions of the M5 with a carry handle.

He tapped the side of his helmet, and began to see what assets were in the area.

This particular grid was being marked as severely problematic, which probably explained its silence, which was now alight with the sounds of fire arms and voices yelling commands.

Stopping to take a breath, taking out an M72 LAW, the Brit let out a frustrated gun, "God's bloody sake, didn't know they had fucking black magic in this shitehole..."

He goes out of the alleyway, and to the Marksman and the Victorian news crew. On the street Strykers, alongside BTR-82As, was dropping off their squads, who seemed to be getting different kits to adjust to the new threat which was presenting itself. The sound of helicopters began to come again.

The Brit figures he needs to adjust too. Going over to a Stryker, he began to pick up 3 things.

1 Command Launch Unit, and 2 FGM-148s.

The Javelin.

Typically you need 2 people to operate it, but in this emergency situation, he thinks he can do it on his own.

It was taught as a 'Just-In-Case' scenario, and he was glad that they went through with it in the UK.

He rushed back into the building and was growling, no way was the efforts of a factory, the taxpayer, and the efforts of the Crew, which he hopes is still alive, was going to go to waste.

He breached roof and floor, turning the CLU on and letting it quickly warm up.

When he got to the roof top, it was nice and ready to go. He saw above civilian news drones gathering around, and he gulped.

Going close to the edge of the building, which was decently tall enough, he looked towards the rooftop with the 2 Sarkaz Casters.

He was grumbling, "Damn pricks..." he arched at the chains lashed out again, and absolutely messed up the right side of a Bradley IFV.

He watched the gun struggle taking down some Reunion Defenders, he decides to not waste any more time.

Loading one of the canisters onto the CLU, he began to aim. Reaching a hand over and taking off the covering on the front of the weapon.

He saw the Casters again, and predictably, the CLU was not locking on, as it does not recognize them as vehicles.

Switching a lever, he changes it so it targets all potential hostiles.

Now a red square began to form one of the casters. The thing letting out a soft, muffled beeping.

"Come on, come on baby," he heard the Javelin let out a sort of noise, and he smiled, "Yes, yes that's it!"

Arknights: Starsfall IOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara