Chapter 17

"No laughing matter"

December 13th, Earth time, 2055
October 14th, Local time, 1097
Rhodes Island Company
Rhodes Island Infrastructural Complex

Kal'tsit was not amused. Why would she? Sometime last night, a massive catastrophe occurred somewhere southwest of Rhodes island. it's forcing the mobile to be put up closer to Lungmen that what she thinks is comfortable. Amiya and Dokutah want to send operators to investigate the disaster zone, but the LGD is more keen on sending their own to do so, why waste the resources and manpower? The sun softly bled in as she pulls up her computer and checks the Network of Lungmen. And it's as she expected, new stories, reports and opinions on the Catastrophe.

Kal'tsit sipped her coffee as she pulls and clicks on a Live News Report from Sawyer and Delfina. She watches as the screen boots up the link before all of its contents line her screen.

Ms. Sawyer and her team was trying to send drones in a live report, but they report that every time they pass into the zone of the catastrophes, their drones keep mysteriously going offline. "...that's the 3rd drone... man," Sawyer leans back as she looks at the camera, "I'm sorry folks, but looks like there is some strange phenomenon that is causing our drones to drop. We will continually try and get footage of the Catastrophe."

Clicking off, she sighs. "That is strange..." she muttered to herself. As far as she knows, there has been no reports of catastrophes that came from the skies causing such an effect on electronics that they either completely shut off or lose signal.

What gives? Kal'tsit wanted to learn more

However, interestingly enough, there seems to be a Columbian News Report that caught her attention. It talked of the weird projectiles that a catastrophe had in a region of Columbia near its capital. How there seemed to be some weird Stars and Stripes emblem on the side of one.

She decided to save it. Kal'tsit turns to her communicator in order to talk to Amiya. As far as she is aware, Amiya, the Dokutah, and Closure was still investigating the weird module. But the problem is, the thing seems to be beeping incessantly. Without rhyme or reason... except for when the catastrophes hit... wait

Hmm... maybe the Dokutah is justified in sending operators... Kal'tsit got up and began to pace, thinking of all the options.

The module, the sky-based catastrophe increase near Lungmen, Exusiai's stolen footage... this... news report... she leaned back, clasping her hands and sighing, what could it all mean? She decided to head to the investigation office, maybe any liaisons there can assist her in her investigation.

But first, a phone call to the Dokutah.

Lyudmila has no idea where she is. One minute she was shocked into unconsciousness, but the next, she is now somewhere in a pure white room. She stepped off and tried to walk around, which she was able to do, but... nothing makes sense. She stomps the floor, testing its composition, which only revealed the fact that she... can't tell what it is. She began to think, trying to decipher where the hell she was, till..

Ahhh, good, you are awake

She jumped in fear, as she heard the voice that seemed to come from everywhere at once. "Wh-who are you?!" She demanded, before she got flash banged with the voice again.

What I am, is not important, what is important is what you can tell us.

"And why would I-" and then she winced and covered her wolf ears. It stopped, before the voice seemed to be contemplating something before it spoke again.