➽ T w o : The Master

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself." 
- Harvey Fierstein

I was led out into the dark hallways of the Academy

I was led out into the dark hallways of the Academy. Commotion came from every direction; people were yelling, some were sobbing uncontrollably. All the sounds meshed together into one loud jumble the more we walked down the hallway. The elegantly dressed woman was right next to me, even though the clicking of stiletto heels were drowned by the hysterical chatter surrounding us.

"The word is getting out that you're off the bidding list. Things will be very hectic tonight." Her mouth lifted into a small smile.

"Andrea!" Taric yelled, as he crashed into a group of people trying to rush around for last minute arrangements. He snarled at all of them, hardly slowing down his way to us.

My breath caught a little in my throat as I remembered the pain of my arm being snapped. I didn't know when it happened, but Andrea's hand found mine and I was squeezing it. She gave me a small glance before stopping to turn around.

"You promised me. You promised her to me and I'm not going to let her go that damn easy!" His deep threat sounded closer.

Taric was inches from me before I could blink. Andrea's body slumped against a wall and he had the freedom to push me up against the other side. For the first time in my life, I believe I felt anger.

A slow burn worked its way up my body starting from the very base of my stomach. I didn't know what had come over me, but a snarl built in my throat. I reached my hands up to his arm. I knew fighting back would be useless, but if I were able to distract him long enough for Andrea to heal I might have a chance.

I gripped his arm in my hands and used all my strength to pull him closer to me. Without thinking, I lifted my head up and smashed my mouth against his. His surprise loosened his grip on me slightly but his hands moved to other places.

Trying to gain even more leverage I raked my teeth against his bottom lip. A low growl vibrated his chest then both of his hands were knotting in my hair. I found that both of my feet were on the ground again. I moved my hands so that they were clutching his shirt. Still acting like I was enjoying myself, I let him take the lead.

A thought clicked into my mind. He may be supernatural, but he was still a man. I pushed against his chest and he stopped kissing me. The hunger in his eyes burned brightly, the black of his succubi instincts making their way to the surface.

I smiled the best seductive smirk, despite the ball of unfamiliar emotions coursing through me. I'm sure it was just a grimace. He returned it with a huge smile himself, about to dive back into it when I brought my knee up to his groin with every bit of muscle I could muster. Within seconds, he was crumpled on the floor.

I ran over to Andrea and saw she was starting to move. Her fingers began twitching, it was only a matter of time before she could put herself in between me and the absolute fury of a man who had his prized possessions slammed into his gut. I didn't understand a supernatural's body or anatomy.