➽ S e v e n : Calm

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory."
- Dr. Seuss

I stood there, clinging to the Queen of all Supernatural beings like she was a lifeline

I stood there, clinging to the Queen of all Supernatural beings like she was a lifeline. If it bothered her she didn't let it show. Instead she held me, rubbing my head and whispering little nothings to keep me calm. It was too much information to process after such little sleep. Being woken to find out someone wanted to steal you- technically it's not kidnapping when you're property right? Then finding out it's all because your mother had a significant past while you were wasting away in an over glorified thrall house. The wave of panic hit me again. A powerful pure blood-lined Vampire wanted me for his own.

It was only a matter of time. I felt the bile rising in my throat when the door to the study was thrown open with such force, the walls vibrated again.

"What has Dad's panties in a bunch this-" the voice cut off as a younger man walked into the room, looking like the personification of mischief. His hair was short and boyishly swept to the side as if it took little to no effort. The color was the same glossy brown with gold highlights as the Queen's. I caught both of his eyes burning down my body, yet it felt more observing than personal interest, which made me realize I must have been a mess. Still in my silk sleeping shirt, panties, and suffering from an emotional breakdown that had been building for most of my life.

"Ah! So that's why he's been barking orders at all the people cleaning up!" the man came over to me and held out his hand with a huge smile. "Hi there, my name is Blane. I am very obviously the more attractive Prince."

I took his hand, giving it a quick shake when he tugged me forward into him. He wrapped his arms around me. The Queen just let out a little chuckle, I believe at the startled expression I felt frozen on my face.

I politely made myself laugh then pulled away to take a step back. Before I could say anything back to him, the Queen cleared her throat, gaining our attention. "I believe Maddie is quite exhausted, you're excused dear. You have the day off, as does most of the staff. Volunteers are being taken to clean up the Manor, but I don't expect nor want you to help with that. Maybe you should try to get some rest."

Nodding absentmindedly, I took a step toward the door. She walked over to me and pulled me into another quick hug before telling me that she hoped I would come speak to her if I ever needed anything. Before my thoughts could engulf me in another round of wondering who my mother was and why such a powerful being would want to protect her child because of spending time with her, I tried to pull away.

As soon as she let go of me, I quickly left and closed the door behind me. I didn't know what to do with myself. I should have gone back to my room to find a way to fall back asleep, but I knew that would have been futile. With the pace my mind was running there would be no way I could shut it off. I only made a small detour to my room to have a quick shower which only encouraged my thoughts to spiral even more out of control. I changed into a warm sweater but my body still shivered against my will. I just needed to move, to reign in the chaos that was unlocked.