two

IMOLA, ITALY; 22 APRIL 2022

where the hell are you?delivered at 2:09pm

delivered at 2:09pm

qualifying is going to start soon
delivered at 2:16pm

lando keeps asking where you are
delivered at 2:21pm

isla you promised you would be here
delivered at 2:28pm

you are SO dead when i see u
delivered at 2:31pm

     Islas phone had been blowing up for the past hour, truth be told she had overslept. Never in her life would she admit that to Luisinha though. Her best friend had warned her multiple times not to stay out too late the night before or she would get to the track later than they planned for her to be there.

In retrospect, she probably should have listened. Race weekends were always crazy crowded, Islas drunken mind could not seem to fathom that though as she had completely overlooked the traffic she would have to get through.

Perhaps driving down from Milan the morning of wasn't that helpful to her case either. But fashion week festivities had run long, and Isla was never one to run down a party, which is probably one of her least favorite traits about herself.

Pulling up to the paddock gates, Isla had exactly five minutes to spare before Q1 would start and every second counted at that point. She hurriedly grabs her passes from her glove compartment and runs through the gates. Pulling out her phone, she dials her best friends number to check where she was.

"I'm going to kill you!" Luisinha quietly yells at her the moment she picks up the phone. "The boys are already in their cars and they're about to head out. Where are you?"

"I'm actually in the paddock right now." Isla replies calmly, knowing her best frend was probably expecting her to still be in Milan. "Kind of lost on where I'm supposed to go though."

Her best friend lets out a groan. "I'm coming to get you, tell me exactly where you are."

Isla goes on to explain her surroundings, her best friend finding her shortly after and rather than give her a hug or tell her she missed her, Isla received a good smack to the back of her head.

"Next time I tell you to go home early, you go home early." Luisinha chastises as she leads them back towards the garage, just in time to see both McLarens pulling out and racing towards the track.

They were both handed their headphones so they could listen in on the radios to better monitor the race. "Come on, I'm not that late. If it wasn't for traffic I would've been here on time."

Luisinha looks over at her with an eye roll, clearly not interested in the girls excuses. This wasn't the first time Isla would be meeting her boyfriend, but it was the first time she would see him race. Luisinha already felt bad enough about having to ask for passes for her best friend, but it meant a lot to her for the two most important people in her life to get along.