thirty-seven

LONDON, UK//MILAN, ITALY
SEPTEMBER 2022

     Daniel had ended up tagging along to everything Isla did for the next couple of weeks. He had gone with her to fittings when he was allowed, sat behind the cameras as she did her interviews and spent the nights partying with her and her friends. Or tangled up in her sheets if the apartment was empty enough for it.

He had also finally met Taco while they were in New York, who was officially a legend in Daniel's books. It was strange for Isla to see both men get along so well, even Bella had said it herself. Kendall had joked about how Isla had one type and it was just men who have a great sense of humour, which the woman was quick to argue that it was an important quality.

London had been tame, her schedule is usually never packed at that fashion week; only having a total of four shows to do over eight days. Instead, she had mainly used her time to spend with Daniel. Isla had managed to show him all the places she would frequent growing up and in her teens. All the way from the park her dad used to take her to, until her primary and secondary schools, and all the places she'd hang out through then.

"Amani and I used to sneak back here during lunch at school with our friends for a smoke." she explained casually, as they walked past an alleyway by a rundown convenience store.

Daniel couldn't believe most of the stories she had been telling him all day, but for some reason, he found this one the most unbelievable. "You and Amani used to smoke?"

"Well, until we got caught by miss Gammond and our parents found out. My parents wouldn't let me see Amani for weeks, it was awful." Isla shrugged. "It's like an inaugural british teen experience."

"So, cigarettes are like shoeys for you?"

"Wh— that makes no sense, but sure."

Daniel had feeling overly proud of his girlfriend the longer he spent time with her. He always knew she was good at what she did but he never really realised how much work she put in for it all to work. All through her fittings, he would lounge around and watch her, taking pictures for her which ended up on her instagram when it was all over.

Isla was loving every second of it. Even though she was surrounded by literally all of her friends during fashion weeks, they were all off doing their own things most of the time and it got slightly lonely sometimes. Daniel's company was more than she could ask for.

He was just happy that he got to meet David and Victoria Beckham when Isla managed to take him to her show with her.

It seemed as though all had been going well for the couple, until that one might in Milan. Isla should've known that her little bubble wouldn't last long, it was a miracle it even lasted as long as it did.

Isla had been the one to plan their date night this time, making a solid argument to let her take him out for once and make it her treat. She had chosen a beautiful outdoor restaurant called Ribot, she had been there a couple times before with her friends and she absolutely loved it, and now so did Daniel.

"I think, you might just have better taste in food than I do." Daniel speaks, swallowing a mouthful of ravioli.

Isla giggles into her wine glass. "You're hard to compete with sometimes, but I try my best."