thirty-three

ZANDVOORT, NETHERLANDS; SEPTEMBER 1st 2022

     Isla Nadine Farid was so fucking whipped. Not only did she fly back to LA to gather her stuff and pick up Milo, she also had to book an Airbnb because she couldn't find any pet friendly hotels in the close vicinity. Gratefully, she was still close enough to the track that Daniel was able to ditch his hotel room and stay with her for the weekend.

It wasn't like he would've had it any other way though, the thought of coming back to her at the end of his days was too appealing. Not to mention, he practically begged her to come along with him.

Thursday was exhausting, Isla had arrived around midday and Daniel had been at the track since early morning. He told her there was no need for her to be stuck around the track when she asked, he did promise to head straight to her rented apartment though as soon as he was done with all his media obligations.

Until then, Luisinha had had gone over so they could spend the day together. Amani was still keeping her distance from Isla, even though she was starting to understand what had happened with her best friend, she knew they could both still use some space from each other.

The two girls were perched on the couch, the TV playing countless episodes of love is blind; trashy reality tv had become their favorite pastime on weekends like this. 

"Would you marry someone you've never met?" Luisinha asks, patting Islas head gently where it rested across her lap, her hands coming up to feed the both of them every once in a while.

Isla lets out a snort at the question, rolling her eyes at her best friend. "I don't think I would marry someone I know, let alone someone I've never met."

"You're saying you wouldn't marry Daniel eventually?" the Portuguese woman raises her eyebrow with a teasing smile at her friend, who was now fully sat up and looking right at her.

"Too serious of a conversation for now, Lu." Isla slightly cringes away, "It's way too early to think about that."

"But you would want it someday, right?"

It was now Islas turn to raise her eyebrows at her friend, shoving her shoulder jokingly before turning back to the tv. "What, did Daniel tell you he was proposing or something? Oh my God, are you getting married?"

"What?" Lu exclaims, her body jerking back towards Islas. "Where the hell did you get that from?"

"I don't hear you denying it!"

"Aye, Deus." she facepalms, before looking up and rubbing the space between her brows. "No, Isla, we're not getting married! Pretty far from it, actually."

"Has something been happening again?"

Luisinha takes a moment, fumbling with her fingers and trying to figure out the best way to word this before shrugging and just letting it out. "He doesn't want me at races anymore."

"He what?!"

Okay, maybe that wasn't the best way to word it.

"No, wait! That came out horrible. He does want me there, he just think it's better if I'm not because of all the...the messages and stuff."