thirty-four

ZANDVOORT, NETHERLANDS; SEPTEMBER 5th 2022

song of the chapter:
star girl interlude - the weeknd

chapter warning: mentions of disordered eating,
spice🤭 indicated by little stars

     Isla was stood by the kitchen stove, stacking piles of breakfast foods onto three different plates while Milo ran circles around her legs. Luisinha had crashed out on the couch almost as soon as she sat down last night, barely giving any explantation other than the fact that she was the one to walk out. Daniel had left a little earlier to go for a run with Michael and to check up on Lando.

She had already fed Milo and taken him on his morning walk, just a little while after Daniel had left, and Lu was still sleeping soundly across the couch. Isla wasn't sure how she was supposed to handle this whole situation, what was she even supposed to say when she woke up?

The front door shutting breaks her away from her thoughts, Milo's tiny legs echoing through the apartment as he greets Daniel by the front door. The two of them make their way back into the kitchen shortly, just as Isla was finishing setting everything up.

"Hey, you." she smiles at him, placing all the utensils into the sink.

Daniel doesn't say much, he only gives her a smile and pulls her into a hug. Isla lets out a giggle as she wraps her arms around him and he pulls her closer, tucking her head under his chin and squeezes her tighter than he normally would.

Islas hands rub along his back as confusion takes over her. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." Daniel replies, not letting go of her. "Are you okay?"

"You only left like two hours ago, didn't really get the chance to do much." Islas light mood seemingly pulls him out of the state he was in, his arms finally unwrapping slightly from around her. "How's Lando?"

Daniel sighs, leaning against the counter with his fingers still brushing along her waist. "Pretty much the same as Lu."

"Did he tell you anything about what happened?"

"Just that it was her decision."

Islas eyebrows furrow, she knew they were having their issues lately but she never would've thought that Luisinha would actually walk out on him. She knew just how much she was in love with Lando, the effort she had put in for him since they met was something Isla always found more than admirable.

"Why are only two of the plates full?" He points out, eyeing the woman carefully along with the three plates she had laid that out weren't filled with the same foods. Two of them were set with eggs, bacon and toast while one of them only had one slice of avocado.

She clears her throat, avoiding his gaze slightly. "You know I'm not really a breakfast person."

"That's a lie if I've ever heard one."

Daniel wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her to him again. He knows she's been stressing all week about her fittings and the upcoming fashion weeks, what he didn't know is the side effects that kind of stress brought along for her.