twenty

SILVERSTONE, UK; JULY 3rd 2022

song of the chapter
cinnamon girl - lana del rey

     Isla hadn't gotten the chance to sit down with Daniel alone since Friday night, which should've been a given since he had to focus on his race. It was a surprise that he had even been able to do anything at all with her on his birthday. She probably had Michael and Blake to thank for that too.

The McLarens had started off their race in P5 and P7, Landos car doing exceptionally better than Daniel on this particular weekend. Which the Aussie had been glad about since it was the younger boys home race, he felt like he deserved this.

As for the trio of girls, who had become regulars in the papaya garages, race weekends had become more of an excuse to 'vacation' and hang out together for a prolonged period of time. They had figured out a routine for themselves on how to navigate the paddock when they weren't with the boys.

After a horrifying race start, where Zhou had crashed harshly into the barriers, the remainder of the laps seemed to thankfully pass by without another hitch. The two orange cars had ended up in P6 and P7, with Lando ahead of his teammate yet again.

The whole grid had been in high spirits though, for sone, Carlos Sainz had managed to get his maiden win in Formula One— which the whole grid was more than excited about. On the other hand, Daniel could finally celebrate his birthday the way he wanted— which is what Isla was kore excited about.

He wouldn't admit it to her, but he probably would've rather spend another night in at her place than go clubbing with everyone else. Daniel knew what these feelings were, he had practically known the moment he had met her, but it was only recently that he had started to realise just how deep he was into this. Into her.

The only issue now was finding out if she was ready for something like that. If she was ready to hear how he really felt about her.

Isla was currently back at her home, post race, along with Amani and Luisinha as they got ready for the nights celebrations. Everyone who was anyone was coming out for the Spaniard and the Aussie tonight, merging both celebrations for the drivers.

"Black and sparkly or emerald and silk?" Isla holds up two dresses to her best friends as she emerges from her closet, she had spent the better half of an hour trying to pick out something to wear tonight.

Luisinha was sat at the vanity, curler in hand as she twisted her highlighted curls around it. While Amani sit cross legged on the floor, in front of the full body mirror as she applied her makeup. Both girls immediately to give her all their attention when she walks in.

"One drop on that green dress and it's over." Amani points out, placing her vote for the black dress.

Luisinha tuts, placing the wand down as she looks between the dresses. "I was gonna pick that one, you always wear black!"

"Yeah, but I'd rather not ruin it." Isla says, thinking over how many times her clumsy drunken self had spilled drinks over herself in the past. "Black it is!"

"You're putting a lot of thought into this, huh?" Amani jokes, mascara wand dangerously close to her eyes to be making those kinds of jokes with Isla right now.