ten

LOS ANGELES, USA; MAY 13th 2022

Another weekend simply meant yet another fashion event and a million after parties for Isla. This week it had been the launch of Kendall's new 818 bottles which meant almost everyone who was anyone in LA was at this club tonight.

She had been there for a while now, it was nice catching up with friends that she didn't get to see very often. The last time she had seen Bella and Kendall was in Milan for fashion week, she couldn't even remember when the last time she saw the rest of their group was.

Life was more than hectic for Isla lately, from the disaster she experienced in Miami to trying to spend time with all her friends and taking care of Milo, she had started to feel slightly overwhelmed by life. She knew she was using these parties as another form of escape from her problems and priorities but she would never admit it out loud.

Isla was sat at the bar with Bella and Hailey, 818 mixers in their hands as they caught up from when they had seen each other last. The woman didn't necessarily hate this crowd, she loved the friends she had made in these circles, but it did get quite overwhelming sometimes— especially when she was surrounded by some people she couldn't stand.

She didn't necessarily hate anyone, she thought it was too strong of a word, but something about Hailey just irked her to no extent. Bella was sat next to her, same bored expression on her face as Isla as they listened to the woman talk.

The blonde was halfway through some other story about something she and Justin had done last week when Kendall had finally come to say hi to her friends, Devon and Fai trailing not too far behind her.

"I'm so glad you could make it!" Kendall exclaims mainly to Isla as they hadn't gotten to see her much lately with the amount of traveling she was doing.

"You know I wouldn't miss this!" Isla smiles up at the woman stood next to her, Devon's arm wrapped tightly around her.

Fai leans his back against the bar, right next to Isla. "I'm so glad you're back, I can't bare spending another minute alone with all of these couples."

"It's not like you don't do your fair share of flirting." Hailey points out with a chuckle, accusatory finger pointed his way.

"True, but at least now I can do it with Isla again!" he replies excitedly, eyes scanning the bar around them. "I can't wait to find you someone to take home tonight."

Bella lets out a hum as she gives the mentioned woman a sly smile. "That is if she's still even single anymore."

"You what?" Kendall all but yells at her, all attention now on the Brit as Fai continues to gape at her.

Their friend group had always seemed to function with the couples remaining the solid part and Isla and Fai running around doing their own thing. The remainder of their friends would usually place bets on which one of them would find someone to go home with quicker.

"Okay, let's not get any crazy ideas here." Isla awkwardly laughs as she takes another shot. "It's nothing serious, you guys. Just another hook up that I want to forget about."

"But, Isla! He's literally so dreamy!" Bella whines from next to her, obviously being the only one who had seen the gossip columns from previous weekends as everyone had no clue who she was talking about.