bonus: blues and pinks

MONACO, HOME; MAY 2027

   "Okay, is it recording?" Isla asks quietly, eyes scanning over her phone screen before she steps back, bringing the bathroom into full view. She was clad in her sleeping shorts and one of Daniel's merch hoodies, specifically the one he always wore, with the hood pulled up around her head.

Amani snorts from behind her, her hands rustling the packages in her hands as she trashes them. "Imagine we do the whole thing and then find out you didn't properly tap the button."

"I would actually die." Isla turns around mortified, before grabbing Amanis phone and turning it towards the camera. "Alright, Lu is here too. It's just gone half past two in the morning, we're in Monaco and Daniel is in Austria."

"And Islas just peed on a stick!" Lus giggle comes echoing through her phone. Isla shrugs, pursing her lips at the camera.

"I have in fact, peed on three different sticks." Amani was almost shaking in excitement, grabbing onto Islas shoulders and shaking her lightly.

Truth was, Daniel and Isla had been trying for a little over eight months now; he had been talking about this being his last contract in F1. Their efforts so far has proved to be futile. It was starting to get slightly exhausting for her, her mind always going to the worst possible outcome that something was wrong with her.

"You might officially be a mother after this, you know." Luisinha inputs, the thought not even sinking in for Isla.

"That's honestly crazy to think about."

The timer going off had interrupted their conversation, Isla expression morphing into one of great worry. The next few seconds could completely changer her world if things go her way. Amani and Lu were shaking with anticipation, waiting patiently for her to check the tests.

"It's gonna be so funny if it turns out negative, and we've filmed the whole thing." Isla attempts to joke, putting off the reveal for a few more seconds so she can prepare herself.

Amani groans from behind her, tugging on her hoodie. "Isles! Just flip them already!"

Taking a deep breath, Isla approaches the sink. She had tried to reassure herself in those few seconds, everything would be fine if it's not a positive. Daniel wouldn't mind if it wasn't a positive, they could always try again. If it still doesn't work, there were always other options. Daniel wouldn't mind, she knew that.

Taking one of the plastic sticks in her hands, she flips it over with closed eyes.

And then she peeked.

Two lines. Positive.

"Oh, my God." Isla gasps, reaching for the remaining ones.

The second test. Pregnant.

The third test. A plus sign. Positive.

"Oh, my God!" this time, she full on yells, her eyes already filled with tears as she turns the tests to Amani and then to her own phone that was still recording.

The curly haired woman picks her friend up in a tight hug before quickly placing her back down with a gasp. "Oh, baby now! I'm sorry!"