14• Dead by ramen

The barely working TV in the living room of the hideout slightly illuminated the area with dim lights emitted by the movie a few of them were watching but not everyone participated in these kind of scenarios because most villains weren't interested in hanging out and making friends. Dabi and Shigakari were certainly out of sight and (y/n) was about to join the late night plan but at the end decided not to and instead make herself something for dinner.

The kitchen had one functioning lightbulb already flickering in it's vague attempt to remain lit and it became infuriating when she tried to just make herself some instant ramen, not to mention the frustrated groan that came out of her throat when, just when she finally turned off the stove and was ready to serve her cheap excuse of a dinner in a bowl, the bulb went off completely, leaving her surrounded by darkness.

" For fuck's sake, how much could a lightbulb cost ? This shit is ridic-- " Her angered soliloquy came to halt when hearing footsteps approaching but she couldn't see exactly who it was.

Squinting her eyes wasn't enough to get a good view but somehow she could mentally narrow the list of people that could be just by the footsteps. It felt weird just how quiet everything got until she felt that person walking past her and towards the sink. A little round blue flame seemed to float in the darkness but it was actually on Dabi's index finger, serving as a temporarily flashlight for him to find a bag of chips. That's when he noticed the food she was trying to serve and thus increased the size of the flame for further light, silently encouraging her to continue.

Even though the scenario could've been awkward, there was something comforting about the fact that he was patiently waiting for her to pour the ramen into the bowl in order to guide her out of the kitchen without bumping into something, yet he was absolutely silent, almost gloomy.

However, the way upstairs and towards the bedrooms was slightly more awkward, both walking without saying a word until she found her door first, reaching a hand for his wrist and gently tugging on it. Nothing said, not a word, yet he understood how she invited him inside and somehow they both sat down to eat in front of the cheap stolen TV on her bedroom.

The bowl in a hand and her spare one zapping through the channels with her pinky finger until landing in some random movie to keep their eyes distracted. His hand absentmindedly bringing salty chips into his mouth as he sat with his back against the side of her bed, knees bent and the bag between his thighs.

The only sounds for a while were the slurping on the ramen, the bag of chips and the crunchy bites, plus the movie playing in front of them until a punchline of a scene made her laugh, yet the food went down the wrong pipe, making her choke and cough violently, earning a muffled amused chuckle coming from the man sitting next to her and a few pats on the back to help her breathe again.

Still coughing, she groaned. " Ow ! " But the laughter following right after just made both of them continue chuckling for a while longer until she was no longer wheezing nor coughing. " Dead by ramen, I want it in my gravestone. " The mood wasn't awkward anymore, at least not at the moment.

ווווו×

Author's note: could this be classified as ' fluff ' ?