The Office

Hello everyone...

How are you all?

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. The Ex (Posted on 14 - Nov - 2022)

I am still binging on Supernatural so I didn't get time to write. So, I just thought of writing a small Drabble. This is just a random light read. Hope you guys will like it.

Madhu walks to her seat when she notices a man sitting on one of the table.

"Good morning." He says noticing her.

"Good morning... You are Rishabh, right?" Madhu asks confused seeing him in their section.

"Yes." Rishabh replies as he stood up and extended his hand. "And you are?"

"Madhu." Madhu replies as she shook his hand and quickly let go. "You need something?" Madhu asks as she walked to her table.

"No... I am working here now." Rishabh tells her.

"Here?" Madhu asks confused. "I thought you were Mukund's assistant." Madhu says, Mukund was the Finance head.

"I got reassigned. I am going to assist this team from now on." Rishabh tells her.

"Oh... Abhay's assistant." Madhu nods as she sat down. Abhay was the Programming Head.

Seeing that Rishabh also sits down.

"What about Richa? She was assisting him." Madhu asks confused.

"Maternity leave." Rishabh informs her shocked, wondering how she didn't know that.

"Ah okay." Madhu nods her head. "Anyway, I've work. Abhay will take time to reach."

"Time? Office hours is in 5 minutes." Rishabh says in confused.

"His timing is different." Madhu brushes it off and switched on her system.

Rishabh sat by as Madhu got busy working on the coding.

*********

Rishabh had nothing to do, so he simply watched as Madhu frantically worked. After a while, he gets up and walks off to the pantry.

"Didn't know whether you were a coffee person or tea person." Rishabh says as he offered her a cup of coffee and a cup of tea.

Madhu looks up at him in shock. "You didn't have to." Madhu says as she took the coffee. "Thank you."

"Assisting the team is my duty." Rishabh reminds her with a smile as he walked to his desk.

"You are Abhay Sir's assistant." Madhu reminds him as she took a sip and signs in relief. "Thank you."

"You are welcome." Rishabh replies smiling. "When is Abhay coming?"

"Abhay Sir." Madhu corrects him.

"Really?" Rishabh asks surprised. "Mukund was cool with me calling his name."

"Abhay Sir is not." Madhu tells him. "He should come in a while."

"Okay. Do you need any help?"

"No, I am fine." Madhu replies as she got back to work. "Thanks for asking."

Rishabh nods. Noticing Dipali, he goes off to talk to her.

Seeing him walk off, Madhu curiously look up and sees him talking to the HR. They seemed to be friends with the way he was talking to her. Madhu shrugs it off and continues to work.

"Have you finished the second phase?" Abhay asks as he walked in.

"Not yet." Madhu replies as she looked up at him in worry.