Chapter Three

★ T H R E E

"So?" I was bombarded by my sister's body as she threw me in a hug the second I stepped foot in our apartment. "How was your first day of work?" She asked, giddy as she pulled away.

She must have noticed the pained expression on my face, the look of joy on her face falling. "You got fired?"

"No," I squeezed out as I gently pushed her off. "You're setting on my toes." I squeaked. Isabella looked down to see she was instead jabbing the end of her heels into my poor skin and jumped away.

She cringed at me. "Sorry Aila," She awkwardly patted my shoulder as I narrowed my eyes at her, causing her actions to cut short. She cleared her throat, a nervous laugh coming out. "So, how was the first day of work?"

I huffed at her, straightening out my outfit before I threw off my heels and making my way to the living room, plopping on the couch only to wrinkle my newly straightened skirt.

"Tiring," I sighed, leaning back on the couch and resting the back of my hand on my forehead. "Can you believe the man before me had over ten client cases open, no wonder he got fired?"

I felt myself getting more and more tired as I rested on the couch, a sound of glass on glass echoed through the room, signaling me that Isabella placed a cup of tea for me on the table.

She did that every day after I came back from work, it was like a little tradition we had. I mumbled a thank you, turning my head to see my sister sitting up on the other couch with a cup in her hands and her eyes flickering between the television and myself.

I blew her a kiss and grabbed the hot cup with caution, lifting myself off of the couch and bring the mug to my lips.

Isabella and I have been living alone for years now since I was eighteen and Isabella was twenty-one.

After high school, the university I wanted to go to was so close to where Bella was living at the time so she insisted that I lived with her to make it easier to commute to the university-- much easier especially since our parents were very, very, hesitant to let me go to a university too far to the home we were living in at the time.

Bella and I's relationship was quite close, as sisters, we would fight and make up constantly because no petty argument would be worth losing a sibling.

I love Bella to death, and she loves me the same, and we both show that every day ever since our grandmother died on the cancer bed-- alone since her husband had left her after my mother was born, she never met anyone new and said that she couldn't find anyone to love as much as she loved him.

It ached both Bella and I that our grandmother died without anyone to love, we didn't even know when the last time someone she was romantically involved with her told her that they loved her.

Because of that, we make sure to show our love each day we are alive-- because you never know which day will be your last.

"So," Bella sipped on her tea lightly, placing the cup back on the glass coffee table before getting herself comfortable on the sofa. "How's big bad Abel Marino?" She spoke his name like he was a ghost, a scary story you'd tell your children.

"Terrifying," I huffed, keeping the hot cup in my hands to keep me from warm. "Terrifyingly handsome." Bella raised a brow at me, tilting her head.

"Isn't he like forty?" I scoffed.

"Do your research Sorella, he's only thirty-two." I piped up, correcting her. "Plus, age ain't nothing but a number." Bella rolled her eyes at me.

"He's your boss." I placed my cup of coffee on the table, sighing as I grew tired of this conversation quickly. I wasn't planning on seducing the man, calm down.

I voiced my thoughts; "I'm not planning on seducing the man god Bella give me some credit. He's engaged." The way she scoffed set me off the edge, my body froze slightly as I took my sister's response.

"Like that's ever stopped you."

"Isabella, don't." I glared at my sister, narrowing my eyes in tight slits. "Don't you dare, non osare." My voice was quiet but stern, quickly shutting Bella up.

Too bad she couldn't shut up sooner. My mind wandered and my chest swelled in aching pain. I felt suffocated in this room so I made my leave, springing up from the sofa and storming my way to my room.

Like a teenage girl with mother problems, I slammed my door shut behind me and pressed my back on it. Memories flashed in my head.

Screw you, Isabella, that was uncalled for and she knew it.

"Fanculo!" I cried out in annoyance.

"Where are you going?" I suppressed a sigh as I continued to walk through the apartment, making my way to the door

Following behind me was Bella, who was let to say anything to me after her cheeky comment earlier.

"Out." That was all I said as I straighten out the red stain dress that sat nicely on my body. I needed a drink after today, and Isabella refused to allow any alcohol in the apartment.

"Alone?" I sighed, turning to see Isabella fuddling with her fingers with her legs crossed as she stood. She was nervous.

"No," I grabbed my bag from the side counter, grabbing my pair of keys as well as anything that was necessary for my night out, and put them all in my bag. "I'm meeting up with Kia."

I gave Isabella a look, basically saying not to argue with me.

I knew she wasn't very happy with my friendship with Kia due to the fact that she believes that Kia is a lying money laundering whore and that she doesn't want her ways to rub off on me.

Funny because Kia says the same about her, neither of them seems to like each other. 

"Fine," Isabella sighed, rubbing her arm as she looked at the floor.  I glanced over her and unintentionally tutted my lips out. I noticed how upset she was looking, especially since she knew what she said earlier hurt me.

It wasn't her fault, people say things without thinking sometimes and it just so happens that this was one of those times. I sighed, moving forward and pulling her hands in mine.

"Ti amo, mela." I didn't miss the smile on Bella's face as I squeezed her hands in mine momentarily from the sound of her nickname I made for her. Mela meaning apple, her favourite fruit. 

"Ti amo, girasole." I huffed at her nickname for me. Girasole meaning sunflower, funny since I'm allergic to sunflowers however they are indeed my favourite flowers.

Something about not being allowed something just makes it even more irresistible to me.