Chapter Fourteen

I watched Isabella stared at both Abel and I with wide eyes, and I cursed myself soon realizing what just happened.

Abel and I had just kissed- a man who was definitely not mine-- and Isabella had just seen.

"Isabella, what are you doing here?" I asked sheepishly, watching as Isabella stuttered to find the right words.

As if Isabella just witnessed that. I immediately knew that the second Abel leaves this room that I would be getting a massive bollocking from my older sister.

Instead of answering me, Isabella turned to Abel and cleared her throat before speaking, walking further into the room.

"The famous Abel Marino, I'm assuming?" Isabella spoke, the first words she had said since walking in on the two of us lip-locking. I fiddled with my hands that I held behind my back as I watched Isabella and Abel meet for the first time.

"Yes, and I'm assuming you're Isabella?" He greeted my sister with a smile, raising a hand and offering it to Isabella-- however, she ignored the hand and looked back in my direction.

My eyes widened slightly at the level of disrespect that Isabella was portraying to Abel.

That was my boss, Sis! At least show some respect on my account, you're making me look bad.

"Do you mind if you can give my sister and I a moment alone, Mr. Marino?" She asked, not bothering to look at the man as she directed a question at me. I kept eye contact with my sister and her eyes narrowed in my direction.

I was definitely going to get a bollocking for this-- and I was not ready to get into a screaming match with my only sister in my workplace.

"Sure thing, lovely to meet you, Isabella," Abel said before moving to leave and I looked at him one more time before you left. "Miss Romano," He nodded his head in my direction from leaving.

And just like that, Isabella and I threw ourselves in one of the biggest fights yet.

"Are you fucking serious, Aila?" Isabella snapped at me, and I could almost feel the rage emitting from her body as she swore at me

"Isabella, I swear--" She immediately cut me off, not letting me explain what happened which only raged me slightly.

"No, Aila, No!" She yelled, slamming her hand on the headrest of the chair beside her. "You have got to be kidding me, after everything!"

I sighed, placing the back of my hand on my forehead-- I could feel myself getting hot. I knew that Isabella was absolutely furious at me.

"Trust me, it wasn't supposed to happen." Was it? Isabella scoffed at me, throwing her hands in the arm exasperated.

"Yes, because that makes it all better--" She glared down at me. "-- but it happened! That's the issue, it still happened." She gave me a disappointing look, almost shaking her head at me.