Chapter Nine

Sitting at this date, I realized pretty quickly why I didn't go out with the same people as Kia--

--she has terrible taste.

I have spent over an hour on this date listening to this man drone on and on about pointless things.

I have watched this man eat with his mouth on, and food spilling out of his mouth unintentionally as he spoke more and more after every minute.

Really and truly, the only thing he had going for him was his looks.

This is the last time I will be on a blind date-- or any date-- that Kia gets for me. This is what I get for trusting her with my love life.

I have gone through this whole date without so much of a sentence coming out of my mouth, it would be doubtful that this man even remembers my name.

Soon-- but not soon enough-- a waiter came down to our table, a menu in hand. I looked up and smiled-- please get me away from his man. I felt myself being drained of this whole day, I have never met something so boring in my life.

I would rather spend an entire evening watch Kia and Isabella go at each other's throats than have this date for another ten more minutes.

"Would you guys like some dessert?"

"We--" I cut Brett off instantly, my eyes widen at the thought of another minute on this terrible date.

I am going to kill Kia when I next see her, painfully.

"No thank you, the cheque will be enough." I forced a smile upon my face as I raised my eyes at the waiter, who was unknowingly saving the day for me. Usually, I would feel terrible about wanting to run from a date-- but this is an exception.

What have I ever done to Kia for her to put this on me?

The waiter smiled and nodded, before walking off to get our cheque.

"Oh no," I heard Brett mumble under his breath as he patted himself. I raised my brows at him, confused.

"Are you okay?" I didn't really care, I just thought it would have been nice to ask. I looked at my date as a sheepish, almost guilty, look fell upon his face. I could read the room instantly, and once again I found myself inwardly cursing out my best friend.

I am going to kill you, Kia Rivera. I am going to kill you.

"I forgot my wallet at home, I-I'll go home and grab it you just stay rig--"

"No, no, it's fine," I sighed, resisting the urge to face palm right in front of this man. "I'll pay the cheque," I worked so hard not to roll my eyes at Brett-- this man is getting better and better by the second.

"Oh thank you so much, I promise you I will pay you back!" He said, a bright smile on his face as he finished the last of his drink.

Finally, the waiter came back with the cheque and I was fast to sign off for the payment, I couldn't wait to go home and throttle this bitch.

"Oh--" Brett piped up as I was finishing paying the cheque. "Don't forget to leave a tip, hate it when people don't leave tips." I kept my head down but raised my eyes to look up at the man in front of me.

"I've got it," I spoke in almost a whisper, as I irritatingly swiped the cheque in the middle of the table.

With dinner officially finished, both of us stood up and got ready to leave. For a second, I turned to the table behind Brett which both Abel and Sofia were previously sitting at, and only find Abel at the table-- looking directly at us.