Chapter Eighteen

"Abel," I gasped, looking up at the tall man in front of me-- his eyes directly staring straight at me. My hand instantly went to hold my chest and my eyes almost popped out of my head while watching his every move.

"What are you doing here? This is the ladies' room." I almost scolded the man, leaning my back on the sinks behind me with the bottoms of my palms pressed on the marble of the sinks.

Abel's gaze stayed still on me, his head tilting slightly before he reached behind me and twisting the lock on the door. Even though it felt absolutely impossible, my eyes widened more than they ever had.

"Abel, what are you doing?"

"I'm tired," Was the first thing he said and immediately I was filled with confusion. Abel shook his head at the ground, his glance falling slightly as he slowly walked in my direction, getting closer and closer.

"What?" I spoke, barely in a whisper as my eyes followed Abel's every move.

"I'm tired of what is going on between us," He said, his eyes looking at me deeply-- his eyes darkened as he looked at me, and if it was anyone else I would have been scared.

But I wasn't, Abel didn't scare me.

If anything, he aroused me.

I gripped tighter on the marble behind me and gulped hard as I glazed over Abel's person.

He looked so good in his suit, though he did happen to look good in almost everything he wore.

Granted, I had only ever seen him in a shirt dress minimum.

I held in a deep breath through my nose, watching Abel become face to face with me, his eyes falling from me and looking down at my covered arms--- his fingers tracing up and down which was successful in sending shivers down my spine.

"God--" He groaned under his breath, momentarily closing his eyes for a second before reopening them and wrapping a hand on my waist, pulling me close to his chest causing me to gasp in shock. "Red always does look great on you," He spoke lowly, his eyes casting down my face.

"Abel," I gulped, I could feel my heart racing in my chest and I froze in my place. "This is wrong," I managed to make out, flickering my attention from his hands to his face, to his lips.

"Then why--" He began, using his other hand to caress the side of my face, his thumb grazing the bottom of my lip. Just by his touch, I inhaled sharply, my lips parting slightly. "--does it feel so right?"

My eyes snapped up to his, and I could feel my heart pulsing harder and harder. I could barely control my breathing as I looked straight at the man who has been plaguing my mind from the moment I laid eyes on him.

He's my boss.

It was so wrong to feel this way about a man I can't have-- a man I wasn't even allowed to want. But in that moment, with Abel's arms around me and with his touch not leaving my skin nor his eyes leaving mine, I thought back to my needs, to my wants.

Something about me, something that I could never deny-- was that when I couldn't have something, it just made me want something even more.

I don't know I did it-- I just did.

Without even thinking, I instinctively grabbed onto both sides of his face and pulled him in as close as possible. Our lips connected, meshing as if they were made for one another.

In response, Abel's arms wrapped tight around me-- pushing me impossibly closer to him as I rested my hand on the back of his head.

It was happening so fast, but not fast enough.