Chapter Four

F O U R

Walking into the night club, my eyes instantly squinted at the flashing lights. With my hand tightly around Kia's bicep, we strolled together to the bar.

"So," Kia signaled to the bartender-- a friend of hers-- who had straight away placed two beers beside us. "How was the first day of work?"

I groaned, tipping my head back slightly as I gulped a hefty round of the beer's content. "Why do you think we are here?" She laughed, her hands dancing around her beer.

"To spend time with me?" I rolled my eyes jokingly, raising a brow at her. Kia laughed it off, taking a more lady-like sip of her beer.

Kia and I spent a few more minutes at the bar, spending the time we had to catch up. Due to Isabella and Kia not really seeing eye to eye, I could barely see Kia without Bella getting into a fit, and I tend to stay far away from those.

"So, what did evil-wrench Izzy say about you going out with me tonight?" I rolled my eyes at the somewhat hateful banter Kia had for my sister, before they used to be fine but now they can't say each other's names without scoffing.

"Nothing actually, she didn't even acknowledge it." Kia's eyes widened, her head tilted as her hand around her beer bottle paused.

"Nothing?" Something flashed in Kia's eyes, not knowing what I decided to ignore it, before she shook her head slightly and cleared her throat. "Whatever."

Weird.

Kia's eyes wandered to the dance floor, almost sparkling when she saw a bright-looking blonde bobbing away to the music while her two friends-- who seemed more than friends-- cuddled up together. "She's hot."

I lazily glanced over Kia's shoulder, seeing the girl become the forgotten third wheel. "And she's alone, go for it." Kia looked back at me, a sparkle in her eyes while her lips had turned up to a smile, tilting to a smirk.

"I can't leave you, we came to catch up." I scoffed, waving my hand in the air while my other hand twirled around the half-empty beer bottle.

"Go, we can catch up when you're done." I sent her a wink which she responded to with a smirk and a kiss on my cheek.

After briskly thanking me, Kia giddily jumped from her stool, strolling her away to the blonde who happened to become forgotten by her two friends that sat beside her all loved up and tangled together.

I let the smile fade from my face as I looked away from Kia.

She was one of my only friends in this city, and despite what Bella thought she was great. I don't even understand their unneeded hatred for each other.

Suddenly, I felt a warmth from behind me as a hand somehow found its place on top of my back. Instantly as a reflex, I sat up straightening my back as my head spun around to the culprit.

"Hello?" I hesitated slightly, moving their hand off my back as I turned on the stool to look them in the eyes.

The man in front of me was undeniably cute, but he wasn't my type one bit-- not like I had a type.

His shaggy blonde hair fell on his somewhat sweaty forehead, his cheekbones fell high on his face with a slight stubble growing on his chin. His blue eyes, which would brighten up any face, only made his appearance duller as he had a lazy smirk on his face.

"Hello to you too," He slurred, stumbling slightly as he continued to stand in front of me, placing his hands on my bare knees to almost balance himself. He leaned close to me, his breath-- almost deadly-- hitting my face from the lack of distance between us. "What's your name, baby?"