Chapter Eleven

I Don't couldn't stop thinking about Abel as I laid on my couch, spending as much time as I could with Kia before we made our way out to the shops.

"I'm so excited for you to meet her, she's amazing!" Kia practically swooned as she spoke, throwing her legs over the armrests of the chair was she comfortably sitting on. I rolled my eyes at my best friend, holding back one of the many scoffs of the day.

Kia had spent the last hour or so telling me all about her new girlfriend-- possibly her third of the month. It was so much like Kia to go on and on about her romances only for them to change after a few days.

"I'm sure she's great," I said, my voice sounding drier than I had intended. Kia turned her head at me, with a raised brow and narrowed her eyes accusingly at me.

"You don't believe this will last," She accused me, her mouth falling ajar as she looked at me for my reaction before she harshly jeered a finger in my direction. "You never believe in me!"

I laughed humourlessly, my head falling back slightly, and watched as my best friend huffed childishly in front of me. "Kia, you don't even believe in yourself."

"Aila!" She gasped, "Of course I do!" I raised my brows at her, disbelieving of her words.

"Preziosa, no offense but you are not relationship material--" I gave her an apologetic smile as Kia continued to frown at me. "--And you know I'm right." I pointed my own finger towards her direction, almost accusingly.

For a moment, she thought about it before rolling her eyes and slumping back on the armrest of the chair.

"Well," She huffed, turning to face the television. "It's different this time, I can tell." She sounded so sure of herself-- and I hope she was right.

All the time knowing Kia and I have never seen her in a strong relationship-- or any relationship longer than a week. And after every relationship, she was the one who broke the heart.

It was as if she couldn't help breaking other people's hearts-- it's just another reason why Kia and I weren't alike in the slightest, it was almost as if Kia did it without a care in the world.

Even though that may be the case, I knew Kia meant well enough. I know this girl too well, she wanted to love and attention, she just doesn't want to get hurt in the process-- So instead, she hurts others.

I pity the people that fall for this girl, they don't know what they have in store for them.

Regardless, Kia has been spending the last hour and so trying to convince me that this is the love of her life. We were moments from going shopping together.

"Whatever you say Kiki, whatever you say." I giggled slightly, shaking my head while Kia pouted at me. There was no way this girl was going to get me to believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

Before we could say anything else, a jiggle came from the door and I turned my head to it just as the door opened, and in came Isabella.

"Sorella," I called out, greeting her from my seat. Great-- another showdown between Kia and Bella maybe?

"Girasole," She responded, moving towards me and placing a soft kiss on my forehead as a greeting. She lifted her head slightly to see Kia sitting opposite me and I watched as a fake smile spread on my sister's face. "and your pet cretin is here I see," She narrowed her eyes at Kia.

I looked back at Kia, waiting for her to react. I know never to get in between Kia and Isabella's hatred against each other-- and till this day I still don't understand why they hate each other so much.