Chapter Thirteen

All I could think about was what Sofia had said to me and it sent me in a rage knowing that she could hold something like this against me.

Now, no matter much I wanted to tell Abel about Sofia, I didn't want him to find out my secret-- the real reason I was fired from my last job--

-- And it had nothing to do with my lateness.

Of course, that disgusting woman had something over me.

Now she can continue cheating on Abel as much as she'd please and I wouldn't be able to say a single thing without the risk of Abel looking at me with such disgust as Sofia already does.

I sighed in defeat, my head falling into my open palms as I stared blankly at the wall in front of me. I couldn't even keep my mind on work.

Why would Abel be with such a righteous bitch like Sofia in the first place? Yes, she was good at playing nice, but surely that wouldn't have lasted this long-- she's not that good of an actress.

I hadn't seen Abel in a few days, the thought of which almost made me frown-- maybe I enjoyed his presence more than I had let myself believe.

He is very handsome, and the idea of having his arms wrapped around me can almost melt me.

So many opportunities between Abel and I-- but it would be wrong to act on.

Wouldn't it?

Maybe a little kiss wouldn't hurt, it would tell me if everything I was feeling was mutual.

Maybe a kiss would tell me whether I felt connected to him just because of his looks and his sexual arousal, or if it actually meant something.

Though the things he does, it continues to confuse me over and over again, with the way he calls for me and the way he speaks to me-- it's as if he wants me to act on my feelings, but what good would that do?

I was brought back from my thoughts when a knock on the office door caused me to jump in surprise.

"Come in!" I called out, clearing my throat and straightening up in my seat.

Look like you're doing work, look like you're doing work.

As I spawled paperwork all over my desk as I was deeply in my work, the door opened, and in came the one and only Abel Marino-- my boss and the man that continues to run through my mind like it's a race.

"Sir," I sat straight, discarding the random piece of paper that I instinctively grabbed onto the paper and set my eyes directly on my boss before continuing; "Is there something you need?"

Abel simply nodded to himself as he slowly walked further into my office, choosing to stand next to the seat opposite me instead of sitting on it.

"Just wanted to see how you were settling in, Miss Romano," He said, looking up to me with his eyes almost smoldering at me as a small smile plastered itself upon his face. "You have, after all, been working here for a few weeks now."

He was right, I have been working at AAA Marino for a few weeks now-- and each week I see this man walk through the building, looking as if he owns it.

Well in all seriousness, he does.

I sighed, a smile on my face and I stood from my seat and moved around the table to stand in front of the man. It felt like deja vu, reminding me of when I was back in Abel's office and our almost kiss.

I leaned my bottom on the desk behind me, and pressed my palms on the edge of the glass as I looked up at Abel-- was he looking extra delicious today?

I looked him up and down for a second, taking him in. He really was looking good today. I faintly felt my heart beat just a little faster as I watched him scan the room with his eyes before they landed back on me.

"It's been interesting, to say the least," Interesting was definitely one way to put it, there was mind-bogging, blood-boiling and let's not forget heart-clenching.

I didn't know that by working here that I would be attacked with so many emotions in such a small amount of time.

Abel raised a brow at me, pushing his body away from the chair he was leaning on. "Interesting how?"

"Oh, in so many ways," I said vaguely, he didn't need me going into detail because we would be here all night.

Though, that doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Abel and I? Alone? At night? Oh please, it's absolutely drool-worthy.

Just being this close to Abel, I could feel the air thick with sexual tension and I wondered; could he feel the same thing?

"Well," Abel began, stepping closer to me, and again I felt a rush of deja vu watching him as he inched himself closer to me by the second. "Is the work satisfactory?" My previous question was quickly answered when he raised his hand to trace lines up and down my arm with his finger gently.

I could feel my heart pulsing faster, feeling his touch through my shirt was enough to send my heart racing. I could barely breathe the thick air with him being this close to him.

Even though I could hardly hold myself up-- thank god for the desk I was leaning on-- I forced myself to seem untouched by Abel's actions.

I let a breathy laugh through my slightly parted lips, leaning closer into Abel's touch and sending an almost seductive glance at him.

"I wouldn't say I was satisfied," I said seductively, my eyes glazing over his facial features, lingering on his growing stumble.

God, I do love a man with stubble-- even better when they have beards.

I could practically feel the air getting thicker and thicker with the tension between the two of us. Abel inched closer, his hand that was barely touching me was now pressing further onto my arm with his knuckles caressing the length of my arm as the distance between Abel and I continued to close.

"Oh, and how would you suggest we satisfy you?" He spoke so low, his eyes falling from mine and I watched as he looked down at my parted lips for a moment, feeling as his breathing went heavy.

A rush of confidence ran over me as I watched Abel's every move, simply shivering from his touch. I edged closer to him, tilting my head in the slightest for there to be minimum space between Abel and I without making the move to kiss him.

"You're the boss," I spoke so softly it was almost a whisper, looking up from his lips to his eyes-- which seemed to be glistering with such emotion I couldn't place it. Instinctively, I licked my lips before continuing. "You work it out,".

I suddenly felt like a hand press on my back, an arm instantly wrapped around my waist and my chest was pushed tight onto Abel's. I couldn't help but gasp at the impact, my eyes widened slightly and they snapped up to meet his.

I caught my breath as I watched him for a millisecond before he grabbed the side of my face and pulled me close.

In that moment, our lips touched intensely and Abel immediately controlled how our lips molded together, meshing in a rhythm. As if it was an instinct of mine, I raised my own hand to his face, my fingers curling around the side of his neck as I pushed myself impossibly closer to him.

Abel did the same, using his other hand to press on the curve in my back to mesh our bodies together.

He was a great kisser.

I continued to get more into the kiss, feeling an intense need to get closer to him as humanly impossible despite the fact I was already as close as possible.

I wanted to be closer.

Our heads moved in a back and forth motion as we both fought for dominance.

"Surpris--" I heard a gasp from the door, instantly pushing Abel away from me and I struggled to find my breath.

Breathless, I immediately turned to see the door wide open with a certain somebody in the door frame, their mouth open ajar and their eyes wide as they looked between Abel and I. My hand flew straight to my chest, and through my clothing, I could even feel my heart pump faster.

"Oh my--"

"Sorella!"