The Boggart

Y/n's POV

We were all gathered in Professor Lupin's class, we were looking at a mirror, well a wardrobe with big mirrors, it was also moving, like if something was inside and was trying to get out of it.

"Intriguing, isn't it. Would anyone like to venture a guess to what's inside?" Lupin started speaking.

"That's a Boggart sir" Dean responded.

A what? Am I just dumb? I look at Harry and Ron, they look as confused as I am

"Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now can anybody tell me what a Boggart looks like?" He looks around to see who might know.

"No one knows" Hermione suddenly appears beside me and I jump.

"When did she get here?" Ron asks confused and mortified at the same time.

"Boggarts are shapeshifters, they take the shape of whatever particular person fears the most" She continued. "That's what makes them so..." She got cut off by the professor. I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"Know it all" She looks at me and sticks her tongue out, I do the same.

"So terrifying. Yes. Luckily a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart" He starts walking again and gets in front of the big wardrobe. "Let's practice it now. Without wands please after me, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" Everyone says in unison.

I hear Draco mutter something and the Slytherins around him snickering and laughing.

Professor Lupin starts talking again. "Well so much for the easy part, the incantation alone is not enough, what finishes a Boggart is laughter, you need to force it to assume a shape that you find truly amusing let me explain" He looks around. "Neville, will you join me please? Come on don't be shy"

Oh poor Neville, he doesn't like being called on cause Snape makes him feel bad for not knowing the answers.

Neville walks to the front of the class nervously and Lupin asks him. "Neville what frightens you most of all?"

He mutters something that no one can hear, not even Lupin, he asks him to say it again until Neville got the courage to say it loud enough for the whole class to hear.

"Professor Snape!" Everyone laughs but in the inside so am I, the man is terrifying!.

"Professor Snape. Yeah frightens all" Lupin starts laughing too. "And I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Yeah but I don't want that Boggart to turn into her either" He says sounding frightened.

"It won't, now I want you to picture your grandmothers clothe, only her clothe"

"She wears a-" Neville starting describing her grandmothers clothe but the professor hushes him.

"We don't need to hear, as long as you see it we'll see it" He says smiling and walking to Neville.
"Now when I open that wardrobe, here's what I want you to do..." He starts walking to Neville and whispers something on Neville's ear. "Can you do that?, wands at the ready. one, two, three" He swings his wand and the wardrobe opened. Snape came out of it. "Think, Neville, think"

"Riddikulus!" Neville points his wand at Snape and his clothe turns into some weird animal stuff with a red hang bag. We all laugh, even Professor Lupin.

"Wonderful Neville, wonderful, incredible! Ok, to the back Neville, everyone form a line" He patted Neville's back and Neville went to the back of the line smiling big. "I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most and turn it into something funny"

We all form the line getting a excited on when to go. To be honest I'm not, I'm scared of what horrifying thing will appear in front me.

Finally it was Ron's turn, he was in front of me, of course it was a spider, but he put skates on the spider which it fell.

Shit. It was my turn, i step forward and I take one look at the Boggart, it was Harry on the floor bleeding out of their chest, and the blood continued and continued going out, there was just a puddle of blood around him, my eyes started filling with tears, everyone gasped and Professor Lupin stepped in front of me. His turned into a moon for some reason.

"Riddikulus!" The moon turns into a balloon and it starts to deflate while flying rapidly around the whole classroom, everyone is laughing and he somehow send it back in the wardrobe with this wand.

"Alright, well sorry about that. Uh that's enough for today if you'd like to collect your books at the back of the class. That's the end of the lesson, thank you" Everyone starts groaning and complaining. "Sorry!"

I walk to the back to get my books fast so no one could comment on my Boggart. I got my stuff and when I turn around to leave Draco is there.

"Aawww is little Miss Boots going to cry" He smirks while Crabbe and Goyle laugh.

"Draco you already got a broken arm, don't push it" I say looking slightly up at him with a death stare.

"Aaaawwww or what? You will cry and Harry will be the one to save you? You know your pathetic right?"

I put my hand in the form of a fist and give him a punch on his nose that makes him fall backwards.

I get out of the classroom and while being in the halls I could hear people screaming my name, but I didn't care and just continued to walk. I went into the bathroom and sat on a stall.

"Who's there?" A squeaky voice asked.

"Fuck off Myrtle, this is not a good time!" I put my bag down and place my hands on my eyes, letting sobs coming out. I hear footsteps and Myrtle talking to someone, by the way she was talking I knew Harry was in here which meant also was Hermione and Ron.

"Y/n" Hermione started calling my name and they checked every stall for me. I was on the last one and I locked it. Ron noticed that the last stall was locked and called everyone else.

"Y/n please open the door" I hear Harry's voice, he sounds concern.

"N-no" I couldn't speak properly. I couldn't let Harry see me like this, I've never broken down in front of him, is embarrassing. They somehow ended up opening the door, I look up and they are all just staring,

"Y/n come here please"

I stand up and start walking, looking at the floor and not making any eyes contact with anyone.

"Guys could you give us a minute?" Harry asked Ron and Hermione because we all know there is no point on asking Myrtle, she will stay there no matter what. They both nod and started walking to the entrance of the bathroom. "Hey, hey, I'm ok, I'm still here aren't I" He smiles softly at me, puts his hands in my face and dried my tears with his thumbs.

"I look so stupid right now" I sigh and try to not look at him in the eye.

He grabs my chin with one finger and pushes it upwards so I can see his eyes. "No you don't, don't say that" He wraps his arms around me and I hug him back tighter.

"Can we go to the common room? I don't feel good enough to go to dinner today"

He smiles and brushes a hair out of my face. "That's alright but just make sure to eat enough tomorrow morning, and yeah we can go to the common room, also you can go change into normal clothes" I nod and he walks me out of the bathroom, Myrtle was saying something but I didn't pay enough attention to make out what she was saying. We met Hermione and Ron and begin walking to the common room.

"Nice punch by the way, Malfoy deserves it" Ron says trying to make me feel better.

I chuckle slightly. "Thanks Ron"

A/N: Hiiiii hope you guys are having a wonderful valentines and if not hopefully this makes it a bit better or it gets better.

Please take care of yourself, drink water and eat!!

Happy valentines dayyyy ❤️❤️❤️