Goodbye's

Y/n's POV

The next day we all sat in the Great Hall listening to Dumbledore. I was sitting in the middle of Harry and Hermione trying not to sob but letting a small tear from time to time.

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know... exceptionally hard working... infinitely fair minded... and most importantly... a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see... Cedric Diggory was murdered... by Lord Voldemort! The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain... we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me. Reminds us. While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts best as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever" Harry squeezes my hand and starts tracing circles with his thumb. "Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was... kind and honest and... brave and true, right to the very end"

The speech was done and we all left the Great Hall, in silence and most people not even paying attention to where they were walking by, having they're eyes filled with tears and friends hugging each other. As we go out they stop at the hallway and face me.

"You alright? You haven't shed a tear at all" Hermione puts a hand on my shoulder.

As I was about to nod my head my eyes started watering and I started sobbing, feeling arms go around all me and hear a few of 'It'll be ok' from everyone. I pull away and smile with tears still in my eyes.

"Thank you guys, I really needed that"

"Of course, we're always here for you"

"Also I found out why she got sorted in Gryffindor and not Ravenclaw" Harry started and proceeded to tell the story of me defending him against fake Mr. Moody and that I used myself as a human shield.

——

We were all saying bye to the other schools, students everywhere. I was feeling a little better then before. I was hugging people left and right, saying goodbye to them before they're boat or carriage would leave them. Out of the corner of my eye I see Krum pulling Hermione a side and giving her a note, I come closer to try and hear when Hermione comes to me and starts squealing. I then saw Ron on a side looking... sad for some reason and looking at nothing but pure space, Fleur and her sister went over to him and said they're goodbyes with a kiss, one from each, let's say that got Ron a little perked up. I got done with saying goodbye to people and pulled myself a side, I found Harry on the hall and come to him running, he was just looking out, at all the people.

"You alright Harry?"

"Yeah, never better" He gave me a smile and pulled me into a hug.

"Alright everyone, let's pack and head to the train" Ron demanded.

"Done and done!" Me and Hermione say in unison, we just look at each other and laugh.

The boys went up to the common room to pack while me and Hermione stay downstairs talking.

"How do you think is going to go with Harry staying over at your place this year?"

"Honestly Hermione I have no idea" I giggle. "I'll go upstairs to grab my trunk" I stand up and run upstairs as Hermione does the same.

——

As we were all inside of the train in a cozy compartment Ron starts talking.

"Do you ever think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?", Hermione asks.

We all look at each other and say. "No" At the same time.

"No I don't think so. Oh well, what's life without a few dragons?", I say laughing a bit.

We all chuckled. "Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" Hermione asks looking scared.

Harry nods his head "Yes" and grabs Hermione's hand to reassure her.

"Promise me you'll write this summer. The three of you" Hermione looks at the three of us.

"Well, I won't, you know I won't" Ron says.

"Harry will, won't you?"

"Yeah every week" Harry says chuckling.

"Y/n?" She turned to me.

"I'll be right behind Harry" I chuckle.

The train comes to a stop, I take a deep breath and sigh.

"You ready?" Harry asked.

"Never been more ready in my life"

We both get out and take our trunks out, looking around I find my mother and father, I tell Harry and we begin walking. As we get there I let my trunk on the ground and hug my dad tight and then my mom, I don't have to worry about Harry feeling unloved this summer, my parents love him, they treat him like he is part of my family. My mom hugs Harry right like she normally does, my dad takes Harry's hand and squeeze it shakes it around. Harry looked petrified.

"Alright dad, come on leave him alone, the poor thing already had to deal with dragons, mermaids, a very dangerous maze and a prisoner from Azkaban"

They both look at me concern and we start walking to the car, my dad takes both of our trunks and carries them along the way, I grab Harry's hand and continue walking behind my parents.

"Alright Harry before we even get to the car we need some rules, now that your dating my daughter and your holding hands right now we need boundaries, I know you have not kissed, or give each other hickeys and your probably want to experiment this summer" When my dad said that we looked at each other and tries not to laugh. "Just please do it out of my eyesight and don't get lovey dovey with me around"

"Alright dad, you can stop embarrassing me now, is not like you have known Harry for like 4 years now"

A/N

Opening night for theatre, got two more shows sooo I wanted to open today with two chapters and the finaleeeeeeee buttt don't be sad! I ALREADY STARTED ANOTHER STORY! Soooo I'll see when I start posting that one 🤭, please eat and drink something if you haven't <33