Chapter 18

18: Kidnapped
The two kids didn't know what the three adults talked about that night.

But the next day when Lin Miao woke up, she saw the pretty Young Master's mother ask the new housekeeper to switch her breakfast with a facial mask on.

"Boiled broccoli and half a chicken breast is alright."

Turning her head, she saw the two tender children come down the stairs. Lin Miao was a bit nervous.

She always felt anxious around the Young Master's parents, it felt like they weren't from the same world...

It was the same feeling of distance and prestige she felt when she first met the Young Master. It made her feel uneasy and it was hard to get accustomed to.

However, the little prince then became a great older brother. She felt they were family; they played together, and the older brother gave her chinese lessons and taught her english phonemes.

Moreover, the adults frequently argued with each other. Even though she doesn't understand what they were arguing about, she still felt scared.

Probably feeling Lin Miao's nervousness, the Young Master took her hand and headed to the dining room.

The Young Master's mother waved at the two with her facial mask still on, "Little Yu, Shuishui, come."

Lin Miao thought that her face was too white and ghostly-looking. It was a bit scary, but she hid her feelings.

She held her brother's hand. If he wasn't going, then she wasn't going.

The mother was quite patient. She stood up and walked towards them. Seeing her son's unpleasant look and remembering what her mother-in-law said, she kneeled in front of Lin Miao. "Shuishui's face is a bit yellow, do you want to wear a facial mask like mommy? These masks can whiten your face."

The Young Master frowned. "She doesn't need it."

And then he led Lin Miao aside to the dining room, leaving the Young Master's mother in a bit of an awkward position.

At this moment, the father and grandmother both came out.

The grandma said, "You should bring up the dimsum."

Everyone came to the breakfast table. All of the adults were there. Lin Miao was even more nervous as she meticulously peeled her egg. Unlike when she and the Young Master were alone, where she would eat an egg in two bites, she ate carefully and slowly, trying to copy the way her brother ate.

It was a quiet breakfast.

The mother looked at her son, and then at Lin Miao. She smiled lightly. "Shuishui is so cute, eating like a little mouse."

Lin Miao was confused. Is she complimenting her cuteness or simply saying that she literally eats like a mouse?

In her village, everyone tried to hit and chase away mice when they stumbled upon them.

She froze on her seat, not knowing how to respond.

The Young Master stood up. "Saying that someone looks like a mouse. Mom, you really have a special way of complimenting others."

The mother felt even more awkward, she intended to build a closer relationship with the little girl and build more family bonds. How could she have thought that such a little remark displeased her son?

The mother wanted to compensate.

So, after breakfast when the two were about to head upstairs, Lin Miao was lifted off of the ground by the Young Master's mother.