Chapter 40

40: Gege is the Best

Lin Miao was devoid of energy, but her fatigue felt as if it had completely disappeared when she saw the Young Master outside the door. She immediately embraced him. Considering that Tan Jing was in the room, she spoke quietly, “You’re here, Gege.”

The Young Master was struck in the heart by those words. He silently vowed to visit her after every tournament.

Lin Miao smelled of light shower gel, and due to her tiredness, she felt soft all over.

The Young Master lovingly patted her head, “Shuishui worked hard today.”

Lin Miao felt the same way. She nodded and mumbled, “I don’t have any energy left, Gege...”

It was extremely rare for Lin Miao to act like that. She had probably only said that to the Young Master today due to them not seeing each other for two months and because of how tired she was.

The Young Master turned around and piggybacked her, his heart softening. “Let’s talk more upstairs.

Lin Miao was startled by this sudden action, “Gege, I can walk by myself.”

“But I want to carry you,” The Young Master responded.

Lin Miao felt a sugary feeling. It’s so amazing to have Gege.

When she was little and lived in the village, other girls’ older brothers would help pick and carry firewood for them. She and the other girls would be so jealous of those who had older brothers.

Now, Lin Miao felt that her older brother was the best of everyone else's older brother.

The Young Master had truly grown taller. Lying on his back, Lin Miao felt that his steps were firm too.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps heading their way. The Young Master strode through the fire exit doors to hide.

Lin Miao recognized the voice. It was her coach. They probably just returned from a restaurant.

Her hands wrapped around the Young Master’s neck were sore and weak. It felt as if they were back in the days of sneaking out of the mansion without the doctor knowing.

Back in those days, the Young Master was always on her side. He would tell her everything. It also seemed like the case nowadays, too.

Her older brother is the world’s best older brother!

Lin Miao lied on the Young Master’s back, feeling very happy. “Gege, I feel filled with happiness right now.”

Hearing the person on his back, the Young Master asked why.

“Because you’re carrying me right now.” Lin Miao rubbed against her older brother’s back, saying, “Gege, how could you be so kind to me! I’ll be kind to you all the time as well!”

Barely anyone piggybacked like this her whole life.

The Young Master was immensely pleased by this, his mouth curving up into a smile. The so-called stone-faced school hunk was full of smiles, even his voice had changed, “Then how would you be good to me?”

The Young Master had asked her the same question sometime before. Lin Miao had answered that she would massage his shoulders and legs.

This time, Lin Miao responded differently, without hesitation. “I’ll piggyback Gege once my strength returns!”

The Young Master: “...” There are many ways to be good to me, for example, listening to your Gege.

They soon arrived at the Young Master’s room, which was on the fifth floor, one floor above Lin Miao’s.