Chapter 33

33: Sister Complex

A parked car was waiting for them a few steps down the sidewalk.

It was the Yu family's driver.

It wasn't his first day, so he immediately spotted the two.

Lin Miao and the Young Master went to Lin Miao's house. The Young Master's family were originally troubled by him running all over the place, and the mother followed him whenever she could.

But then they realized it was best to just send the driver. Otherwise, he would sneak out alone, which was even more worrying.

Having someone follow him was always better than letting him run out alone.

The Young Master wasn't the obedient type; it was impossible to stop him from sneaking off to find Lin Miao.

He even took a taxi once by himself to Lin Miao's town along with the three dogs and found her without knowing her address.

So the adults soon conceded but under the condition of only riding in their own cars.

The Young Master had quite a lot of freedom.

As usual, the Young Master tutored Lin Miao, in which she exclaimed that he taught better than her teachers. Then, they moved on to play games.

Lin Miao was doughty, but that did not contribute to her chances, of course.

She still only had won once.

Her determination was displayed at her ability to only lose when they increase the grid size.

They were always very rustic, in the sense that they always drew their own boards.

The Young Master grinned at Lin Miao scouring the board for the optimal place to make her move so that she doesn't lose. Her sight was fixed on the board as she bit the end of her pencil.

Then, she suddenly found a spot and made her move there, satisfied.

The Young Master made his move and drew a line across the paper, signifying that he won again.

Lin Miao lied down on her bed, questioning her life. She held the paper up to her eyes, and then said, "Again, Gege!"

Lin Miao's father soon found an opportunity in the city, and Lin Miao's mother continued to manage the worker's meals.

Apart from her hours with the Young Master, most of Lin Miao's time at home was spent helping her mother wash and prepare the vegetables.

Her school days were far more simple: She played badminton, learned techniques, attended regular classes, and ran to exercise.

Lin Miao wasn't totally new to any of those things. She didn't have much pressure compared to others her age.

Tan Jing still slept with Lin Miao even though she had already overcome her fear of the dark. It was warmer, and they could talk under their quilts.

Their coach outside their room couldn't hear them when they're under their quilts during the night.

Tan Jing was a little girl with great dreams. She educated Lin Miao - who blindly chose the sports school - of her Olympic dream.

"My mom said that my dad will like me when I win a gold medal at the Olympics."

Lin Miao paid Tan Jing all her attention.

Lin Miao was confused. She couldn't find any definite connection between her father's love and Olympic gold medals, but it didn't affect her response, "You'll definitely get it one day."