Chapter 42

42: The Honest Champion

Lin Miao was astonished that she had survived until the finals. She kept hitting birdies back and forth and then found herself in the finals.

Her coach reminded her not to leap backwards when hitting birdies throughout the competition. Not only was it dangerous, but it also made it extremely difficult for her to recover for the next shot.

However, when she saw her opponent, she knew that it was impossible to follow her coach's advice. Her opponent was a five-foot-seven white girl.

Thoughts ran through Lin Miao's mind for a split second, and she couldn't resist looking at her opponent a couple more times. She's so pretty, her skin's so light, and she has golden hair too, gorgeous.

Before her match, Lin Miao had been watching live broadcasts of other peoples' matches. She had come across her opponent's matches, and her eyes were fixed on her the whole time. Her golden hair, azure eyes, and white face were all so beautiful.

She looked even better face to face.

But Lin Miao still remembered to take notes on her playstyle.

She wasn't nervous as she was already quite impressed with her progress.

The moment the match began, they heard a girl yell from the audience benches. Her voice was sharp, likely due to her excitement, "Go Lin Miao!"

It sent shivers through Lin Miao. No wonder, no wonder my opponent in the preliminary round wasn't able to make it.

But she also felt an indescribable feeling in her heart.

Especially when she got the first point. Many people in the audience seats began to chant in unison, "Go Lin Miao! Go Lin Miao!"

They were probably all strangers.

Lin Miao was quite stimulated by this and played more fiercely. She wasn't afraid of leaping backwards anymore and threw her coach's advice to the back of her head.

She was moving much faster than usual, which allowed her to recover from her backwards leaps for her opponent's follow-up.

Her level of energy remained high until the end of the match.

The results came out. She had won the tournament. Seeing her opponent looking all defeated, Lin Miao felt that she still looked pretty even when she was in despair.

This was an international competition, so Lin Miao hid all her thoughts and snuck some more glances at her opponent. Then, she lifted her bag, wiped her sweat, and walked outside, exhausted.

The spectators on the frontmost row of the seats called her name, "Lin Miao! Lin Miao!"

Lin Miao was a bit embarrassed. She walked towards them and a spectator handed her papers and pens, "Lin Miao, can I get a signature?"

Lin Miao was relieved that the Young Master had taught her how to print nicely.

She wouldn't dare write anything had she still written in her old scribbly style.

She generously accepted all the signature requests. Someone even handed a page with an American flag to her. Huh??? Lin Miao lifted her head up and found some foreigners among the crowd.

She signed theirs, too. Lin Miao could understand that they were complimenting her play, making her even happier.

Then, she continued her way down the exit.

Even though she was tired, her heart felt sugary sweet. It was the same feeling when she had been notified that her first competition had prize money.

There were so many people cheering for her, so many people complimenting her! How incredible was that!