Chapter 19

19: Incarcerated
The air was bad in here, but Yu Jingxuan couldn't care less.

He was more worried about the fact that the kidnappers didn't cover their eyes and the fact that they were heading out of town.

Perhaps they didn't cover their eyes because they wore masks, but they were driving at the moment, so it was improbable.

Also, they were already out of town, preparing to distance themselves from the city. It was partially to hide from the police but also to make it harder for them to bring him and Lin Miao back.

Altogether, they might have not planned to keep them alive.

Yu Jingxuan looked at Shuishui. There were many droplets of sweat over her small face, and her bangs stuck to her forehead, just like when he initially met her.

Back then, he thought that she was healthy and probably had a bright life in front of her.

It was him who failed her. If it wasn't for him, Shuishui would've been in her home, with her parents.

The car seemed to have driven onto uneven roads; the ride became bumpy. It felt terrible to be tied up.

Lin Miao tried her best to support her brother with her body, worried that he might bump his head.

Luckily, the car stopped soon after.

The Young Master signaled Lin Miao to close her eyes.

He closed his eyes himself, and then touched Lin Miao with his forehead.

Lin Miao quickly closed her eyes like him.

Then, the trunk was opened.

Fresh air and sunlight spilled inside the compartment. Yu Jingxuan prayed for Lin Miao to not open her eyes midway.

"They're not awake." A young man said.

The Young Master shook his head, signaling that he was awake.

A young woman felt suspicious, so she peeled away the tape on his mouth.

The Young Master was worried about Lin Miao opening her eyes when they proceeded to carry her out of the car, so he told Lin Miao to not open her eyes.

It wasn't a concern yet though. She was facing away from them, so they couldn't see her even if she opened her eyes.

But the Young Master was afraid of her flipping around.

And then he said to those people, "A straightforward person doesn't resort to insinuations. We're only eight. You guys want money, we just want to live. We can leave it as that; don't hurt us and my parents will pay you."

The young woman was satisfied, "No wonder you're a rich kid, what a good talker."

"I'm just being honest. You guys just want to be rich, so there's no need to kill two people. Plus, my family will probably forget about this when we return alive. They wouldn't care about it since we would both be back in one piece. But it would be a whole other story if you kill us, we're the only two kids in the family." Yu Jingxuan said calmly.

And then he heard a response from a middle-aged man. "Cover their eyes first."

Yu Jingxuan knew that they did listen to at least a part of what he said.

But they still weren't safe yet because the risk was too high to return them to town.

They will definitely continue to balance things out and negotiate, so they would want a backup plan.

They each carried one child and trekked on, they even switched people to carry them in the middle of the journey.

Finally, they arrived at a place and dropped the children on the ground.