- Chapter 1: I deserve a better life -

Not Checked, Not Edited

⚠️️⛔️Trigger Warning⛔️⚠️

Sofia's Pov

Just moments ago, i woke up on the kitchen floor surrounded by my blood with my body screaming in pain every time i would breathe. Last night, i was given the worst punishment of my life from my so-called father, and that punishment alone would make my fear of men worse. The punishment was for not cleaning the house to his standard and for not having his food on the table for when he got home. I couldn't do any of that for him because i was at work all day helping Chief Swan file multiple missing person cases for people who have mysteriously vanished in Settle. That wasn't a good enough excuse for my father because as soon as i walked in the door, he punched me straight in the jaw and then grabbed a handful of my hair. Then he dragged me into the kitchen and threw me on the floor, where he proceeded to beat me unconscious with a rolling pin. He used to love me and keep me safe, but that all changed when Mum died of terminal cancer. Now he is the reason i feel no love, i'm mute and need someone to keep me safe against him because he is my living nightmare.

I shake my head as i lift my weak, bruised body off the floor and stumble down to the basement where i sleep on a mattress on the floor. I grab a change of clothes from my half-broken chest of drawers and go to the only bathroom in the house to get ready to clean the house. That's the only thing i'm glad didn't change, and that is dad still buys me new clothes to keep up appearances because he doesn't want me to look homeless. Once i'm in the bathroom, i take off my bloody clothes and stare at my body in the mirror, which is full of old and new bruises, scars, and fresh cuts. I turn away from the mirror and step into the shower, feeling sick from seeing my body like it is.

When i have finished in the shower, i get out, quickly get dressed, and go downstairs, ready to clean the whole house from top to bottom. I know i won't be able to clean as fast as i normally do today because i have pain radiating all over my body, and i swear i have a broken bone or two. I know my life will always be like this because no matter how hard i try to save money or try to leave, i will get a far worse beating from my dad. I no longer have the fight left in me to leave this place and go back to Italy because there is no chance i will make it out of this house alive. I can't even find the strength to talk anymore, hence the reason why i'm mute because dad would always beat me every time i attempted to talk to someone about the abuse.

Suddenly, i get this strong pain rippled through my back, and i drop the vacuum and place my hands flat against the wall to stop myself from falling to the floor. I take some deep breaths as my vision turns blurry due to the tears gathering in my eyes, and all i can do is close them without making one sound as usual. Seconds later, i hear the front door open with so much force it collides with the wall, making me flinch, expecting my father to be standing there with an evil glint in his eyes. In the corner of my eye, i see Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, and Alice walk into the living room with worried looks on their pale faces. I try to straighten myself so i'm not resting against the wall, not wanting them to think something is wrong because yet again that will lead to another beating.

"Darlin, don't. We know what happened, and we are getting you away from this life. You will not be getting hurt by the hands of that man or any man anymore." Jasper said strongly with a hint of a southern accent

"We know you don't or can't talk, so just nod your head if you want our help. You know who we are, and he won't be able to hurt us to get you. We just want you safe to live your life without awful abuse." Alice said softly as she slowly walked closer to me, and i nodded my head only to wince in pain

"Come here, sweetheart, i will carry you." Esme said, opening her arms, and i shook my head no because of the pain in my back

"She's in pain, Esme you will have to go to her." Jasper said as he clenched his hands into fists, making me flinch

"Son, calm down." Carlisle said, placing his hand on Jasper's shoulder

"Dear, Would it be okay for me to carry you to our house so Carlisle can see why you are in pain? No one will hurt you." Esme said softly as she slowly walked over and stood beside me

"Remember to nod or shake your head." Alice said softly, and i nodded my head, slowly proud of myself for taking this chance to get away from dad

"Jasper, help take her pain away, i don't want to cause her more pain while picking her up." Esme said softly

"Hurry Esme, he will be back in a couple of minutes!" Alice said, looking at me worriedly

"I'm sorry dear." Esme said, then quickly picked me up, making me flinch at her fast movements

"Let's go, Esme take her straight to my office, Alice collect as many of her things as you can, and Jasper, stay with Alice to make sure she gets out of here before he returns." Carlisle said sternly

"Make sure Edward and Bella stay away from her. They will start yelling and will make her have a panic attack." Alice said, giving Carlisle an unknown look

"They won't go anywhere near her till she is ready to meet everyone." Esme said, holding me bride style

"We will see you soon, darlin. Don't worry about a thing." Jasper said softly

"You don't need to fear us, Sofia. We will never hurt you. We just want to protect you." Alice said softly

"Go, Esme, i will be right behind you. Alice, don't take too long." Carlisle said sternly yet softly

Esme gently places my head in her neck, then tightens her hold on me, but her touch is so very gentle at the same time. After a couple of seconds later, i feel her move at an incredible pace, and i push my head further into her neck, not liking the unusual feeling. I still can't get over the fact that four of the Cullen's have just literally rescued me from my life of hell. I just hope dad doesn't try to rip this chance i have of a new life away from me because i know i deserve a better life.

●🖤●🩸●🖤●