- Chapter 8: Nervous but ready. -

Not Checked, Not Edited

Sofia's Pov

Sofia's Pov

I didn't let go of Caius for the rest of the day or night because i was too scared that Edward would come back and verbally assault me again. I don't know what i did for Edward to hate me, but i want to apologise for whatever i did because i don't want people to hate me for something i didn't know i did. Esme and Caius tried to tell me this morning when i woke up that i did nothing wrong when i clearly must have done something wrong because why would Edward say those hurtful things to me. I don't think Caius minded because he has been laid on his back in the middle of the blanket nest with me lying on his chest and he was rubbing his hand up and down my back the whole night. He also mumbled an Italian lullaby that i remember my mother singing to me, and it made me cry into his neck at the memories of my late mother, who i miss more than anything in this world. She would give me a good hard talking to about not being afraid of anything anymore and to be the tough Italian woman she knows i can be. Maybe she is right, and i need to be this fierce Italian woman i know i can be. To hell with all my fears because i know that now im away from papà and i have Caius with me. No one can hurt me anymore. It's time to put the past behind me and move forward with my life.

The first thing i need to do is wipe my tears because i don't deserve to cry anymore, so i move off Caius's chest and sit beside his right shoulder, and wipe my tears away. He looks at me with puppy eyes, and i blush straight away because a king has just looked at ME with puppy eyes, not just any king he is the king of vampires. I watch as his eyes widen, and he must have seen the determined look in my eyes because gone is the weak little human. I'm going to pull myself out of the darkness and show everyone what im truly made off, which i hope won't be a mistake. Suddenly the door opens, then i see Alice standing there holding a towel and some folded clothes in her hand with a big smile on her face. Of course, she must have seen me decide and is here to give me some fresh clothes so i can get started with this fresh start and actually talk to Caius about all of this involving us. I go to stand up, but before my ass even lifts off the nest, i'm being held bridle style by Caius, who walks me to a door that is opposite the nest main door and Alice is following us with the big smile still on her face. When Caius walks through the door, i see a beautiful ensuite, and Caius sits me on the counter next to the sink, then turns on the shower while Alice lays the stuff she has in her hands on the counter next to me then leaves in a blink of an eye. Caius comes over and kisses my forehead, making me blush again, then he leaves the ensuite, closing the door behind him.