Chapter 6

"Look at the wrists. Those with the key are a team."

A couple of days ago, Karube had finally spoken to you guys about 'The Beach'. After Chota's death, it had slipped his mind to tell them. You pondered over telling them what 'The Beach' really is, but you decided not to, they'll find out eventually.

Arisu had noted that those with a key around their wrists were most likely part of 'The Beach'. Thus, the three of you were now huddled behind a bush, spying on a game where two participants had, said key, around their wrists.

Karube frowned, "we should follow them."

After waiting a while, the two participants came out of the arena, jostling and laughing. Luckily, they were alive. You guys creeped through the bushes, following them until they reached a car.

Arisu looked surprised, a car wasn't a privilege anyone can afford in the Borderlands. "They must be collecting cars systematically." With that the car started pulling away, and you jumped out of the bushes to pursue the car, Arisu and Karube on your heel.

You weren't exactly looking forward to being knocked out and kidnapped, but there was nothing you could do but suck it up. Feet pounding against the floor, the car was slowly getting further and further away, but you guys were doing a decent job at trailing it.

"Is that it?"

Over the distance, a lit up building could be seen. It was shocking to see a building with electricity that wasn't an arena...well shocking to them. Arisu pulled out his binoculars, Karube doing the same. They both seemed to see the same sign, as they muttered in unison, "The Beach."

Then everything went black.

A bag was pulled off your head, and you flinched at the rough movement. Your temple was throbbing in pain, and you squinted through the sunlight assaulting your pupils.

God, getting knocked out was a pain.

"Hello."

You glanced up, almost shivering at the creepy smile Mira wore on her lips.

"I'm sorry for being so rough," the man you recognised as Kuzuryu said, "we heard there were some people sneaking around the place."

You took your time looking around the room, it was a nice room, The sunlight filtering with the windows gave it a warm glow. It was spacious as well. After months of living in the rubble, you had begun to appreciate the finer things in life, such as a nice looking room.

"What are your motives?" You brightened up at hearing Ann, you loved her character. She seemed to notice, and looked at you weird.

Arisu seemed unsettled, "we heard we will get answers if we come here. What these games are about...and where all the disappeared people went."

You flinched at the sound of the door banging open, Hatter waltzing in as if he owned the place. You paused...well he did own the place.

"Exactly," he exclaimed, voice carrying around the room, "we know the answers to both of the questions you have."

He stopped behind Karube and Arisu, leaning on the chair he regarded all of us with a twinkling smile, "welcome to 'The Beach', the utopia." He clicked his fingers and gestured to the front dramatically, "this is the answer."

Two men broke off and walked towards the wall in front of you. They placed their hands flat on the surface and slid the door to the left, revealing an impressive sight of crosses and cards. You noted they were still missing the seven of hearts, it was unfortunate that you guys didn't have it on you right now, missing the opportunity to get into that lunatics' good books.