Chapter 10

You squinted, sunlight shining directly in your eyes and you groaned, rolling in the other direction.

After coming back yesterday night, you were beat. You had groggily hopped in the shower, and promptly almost passed out under the shower head. You were asleep before your head even hit the pillow.

You stretched, satisfied with your rest. Laying in a starfish position on your bedsheets, you started brainstorming all the activities you could do today.

Should you party more? You would, but that would get boring really quick. You didn't have to participate in games for another four days, and you didn't want to party for four days straight.

You then remembered 'The Beach' had guns. Should you steal one? Not to mention, you really wanted your survival knife back.

You knew that if you were caught, you would probably get killed, but honestly you had a really good reason. Once the ten of hearts game starts, even with your knowledge, there is seriously no guarantee that you would survive.

It would ease your nerves if you had a weapon on par with the militants, it's every man for themselves once the massacre starts. With your luck, you doubted you would survive without a decent weapon to protect yourself.

And thus started the 'How to steal a gun: Y/n edition' brainstorm. You pondered asking Chishiya where the gun supply was, and he might humour you and tell you. However, once it came down to it, he would not hesitate to rat you out if he could gain something. You mentally crossed Chishiya off the list.

Next was Kuina, you knew she wouldn't betray you unless she really had to or if Chishiya advised her to. A downside would be the fact that she would probably tell Chishiya, which takes you back to square one. Another downside is the fact that she most likely wouldn't know where the guns are kept to begin with. You crossed Kuina off the list.

And that's basically everyone you know at 'The Beach'...

Huffing, you flopped over onto your belly. Should you spy on a militant? You shot up, that could work! You doubted everyone kept their guns on them 24/7 like Niragi, and even if they did, you could just sneak up and steal it! Suddenly, your mood dampened. Cameras...

You bit your lip, you had an idea, and it could work. Unfortunately, you would have to ask for assistance.

"Kuina!" You yelled, she looked over from where she was sitting and smiled at you. You've been looking for her for the past hour, you had started to think she was in her room and almost went to ask people what her hotel room number was.

"Hey, Y/n." She was sitting on a lounge chair next to the pool in the middle of a raving party. She didn't seem to be here for the dancing, judging by the food on her plate and drink in hand. You glanced apologetically at the food, and looked up at Kuina, "hey, can I talk to you in private?"

She looked confused for a second, before nodding and placing her dish and drink down. Shoving your way between dancing bodies, the two of you made your way to the foyer. Scanning the room and making sure it was only the two of you, you spoke, "so, I wanna steal a gun–"

"You want to do what?!"

You held your hand up innocently, "no, no, hear me out."

She looked unconvinced, a furrow in her brow at your ridiculous idea.

"I...look, judging from–" you waved your hands around gesturing at 'The Beach' "–the condition of this place, it'll soon be war, and I would much rather be prepared."

She crossed her arms and raised a brow, "the condition of this place?"

You scoffed, "You think I don't notice the way the militants and the idealists are constantly at each other's necks? I know a massacre will break out soon and I think you know that too."

She paused, mouth fiddling with the fake cigarette in contemplation, "And you want this gun because...?"

"Because I want to protect myself."

She saw your sincere eyes and sighed, "how'd you want me to help?"

A grin split across your face, "can you wipe the cameras?"

She pursed her lips, still on the fence about this whole 'steal a gun' thing.

"Please? If somehow I get caught and you get caught as well, just tell them I blackmailed you or something." You placed both hands in a pleading motion, "I'll be in debt to you forever! Please."

She pulled the fake cigarette out of her mouth and gave you a pointed look, "you're a pain, you know?"

"So...?"

Another sigh, "fine."

A day later and you've found your man. A militant, obviously, and he was somewhere in the lower ranks. The reason you chose him as your target was because he loved to party. Not only that, he tends to forget his gun in places left and right, and sometimes just places it in his hotel room for hours on end. You haven't made your move because you wanted to be more cautious, but you were almost 100% sure you could steal this guy's gun from under his nose.

You watched him make out with a girl, gun forgotten almost 5 feet away on the table. One snatch and it'll be gone. You almost did it, but held yourself back because it was risky with this many witnesses, if even one person saw, you'd be screwed.

However, the more you watched him, the more confident you got. Taking this gun was gonna be easier than taking candy from a child.