Chapter 21

You shifted. You heard the mumble of voices, the rustle of the trees, and the breaths coming from the person next to you before you realised you were actually alive.

It took you a couple tries to open your eyes, body so heavy you felt like you were pinned to the surface beneath you. Talking about the surface beneath you, it was surprisingly soft.

The first thing you saw was a white ceiling, and in the corner of your eye you saw an IV bag —filled with what looked like blood— hooked on a stand.

You were laying on a bed, and one look at your surroundings had you realising that you were in a hospital, not in the best condition, but a hospital nonetheless.

Your thoughts were a jumble, disoriented, and you had a slight frown in your face as you tried to put your memories in order.

"Awake?"

The voice was curt, sounding tired, and you tilted your head slightly to see the blond male standing next to you.

His demeanour just screamed exhausted, eyes half-lidded with dark eyebags, his shoulders were rather slumped, and face somewhat pale. His expression was one of disapproval and slight annoyance.

You felt the sudden need to apologise.

Not replying to his comment, you glanced down to see an IV drip leading away from your arm. Blinking blearily, your gaze roamed up to the IV bag filled with blood, and vaguely registered the fact that you were getting a blood transfusion.

You also noticed that your injured arm was bandaged up neatly, and placed delicately beside you.

"You owe me a big one."

Glancing back at Chishiya, you grudgingly accept that you do, in fact, owe him a big one.

"Water," you croaked out.

Without missing a beat, he grabbed the cup of water sitting on the table and held it out to you.

You gave him a flat stare, and he sighed wearily.

Cupping a hand around the back of your head, he lifted you up slightly, just enough to get the water to run down your throat. He brought the cup to your lips, and slowly poured water into your mouth.

You gulped it down greedily, and he didn't stop until the cup was empty.

"Thanks," your voice was marginally better.

He still had that displeased expression on his face, however his voice was neutral as he spoke, "the bullet is out, it's on that table over there if you want to keep it as a souvenir or something."

He had that condescending smile on his lips again, and you rolled your eyes.

He jutted his chin in the direction of the IV bag, "Arisu's blood. Kuina fought with him to donate blood but I advised her not to since she used to smoke."

You had a smile on your lips as he continued.

"However, no one knew your blood type and basically everyone had forgotten their's. Arisu said he's pretty sure he's O negative, which is compatible with everything, but even he said he wasn't sure."

Chishiya's facial expression clearly depicted that he thought everyone were uneducated idiots.

If you weren't so focused on the aspect that they gambled with your life, you would have mused over the fact that this is the longest you've heard him talk, and it's about insulting everyone else's intelligence.

"You...gambled with my life?" Your voice cracked at the end, but you paid it no mind.

He shrugged, as if it was nothing, "it was that or you die from blood loss."