Chapter 15: Guardian Angel

Alieen:

"What's going on," I scream, watching as a flying person bursts from the sand. A lets go of me and push me back. He shields me from the sand.

"Stay behind me," A say, holding out his arm. Keeping me back, I watch as the flying person shoots into the air and hovers. I can't be sure, but from where I'm standing, the person appears to be black and blurry. It's like someone had taken a picture of him, but the person taking the picture is shaking the camera.

"Friend of yours," I ask, looking at the person as he holds out his hand. Right away, I see something shoots out toward A and me.

"Hold on," A screams. He turns around and grabs me. Jumping into the air, A carries me away before the sand erupts and flies away. Holding onto A as he flies, I look back at the person as he just stays still.

"A," I yell, trying to be louder than the wind. "What's going on? Who is that?"

"I cannot lie," A replies, flying to the gas station and dropping me off there. "I do not know, but I will not let him get away."

"What," I say, hoping for an answer, but instead of one, A just flies away.

A:

"I should be grateful I can still fly," I say as I fly back to the floating person. Now, it is just the two of us, hovering face-to-face.

"You can hurt me all you want," I say, pointing a finger at the person, "But when you hurt her, expect a fight."

Swinging and pulling my arm behind me, I gather power in it before throwing it with all my might. A telekinesis blast shoots out, I watch as the floating person crosses his arms and takes the attack. However, my blast is still enough to knock the person away. While stumbling around, I push against the air and rocket toward the person. Reaching him in only seconds, I grab the person by his shirt and punch him over and over across the face. As I punch the person, I see that the shadow around him flies off. With one final punch, I knock part of the shadow off and see a mouth.

"What," I say, stopping. I watch as the shadow quickly gathers around and covers the mouth. The person grabs my hands and places his feet against my chest. He breaks my grip and pushes me away. Flying away from me, I chase after the person. While flying through the sky, he drops toward the ground and flies close to it.

I stop flying and look at the person as he flies along the ground. Focusing, I teleport, appearing right in front of the person as he keeps flying.

"Head up," I say, jumping and punching the person in the head. Knocking him into the sand, I watch as he is buried after only a few seconds. I watch the sand. I keep myself ready. I know he is waiting beneath.

"What are you doing," I ask after some time. Still watching the sand, I see it is moving, but the person is not coming out of it. He is staying underneath the sand for some reason. He is quite literally a snake in the sand, hiding and moving until I come close enough.

"I am not going to fall for that," I think, holding out my hand. Shooting out another telekinesis blast, the sand erupts and covers the area. Since the sand is blanketing the area, I cannot see and have no choice but to wait.

As I wait, I see movement from the corner of my eyes and throw another blast. The sand erupts again and now it is even harder to see. There is so much sand in the air.

"I cannot fight here," I think, jumping and flying into the air. Flying straight up, I stop only when I am above the dust cloud. Looking around while hovering, I see a shadow moving toward the gas station.

"No," I yell, once more using my power to teleport.

Alieen:

"What is going on," I yell, looking at the massive dust cloud. Covering the whole area, it makes impossible for me to see anything. Including A. "Where are you? Where are you? What is going on here? There's another person with powers like A?"

Still looking all over the dust cloud, I let out a sigh when I see A approaching me. Only, it's not A but it's the other person! The person is flying close to the ground, and he is flying straight at me.

Falling to the floor, I push myself up and start to run away. I only take about three steps before the shadowy person grabs the back of my shirt. He pulls me back and I fall down. Looking up, I see him standing above me, his face hidden in a blurry shadow.

"Who are you," I ask.

The person doesn't answer. Instead, he raises his hand and slams it down. I cover my eyes.

"Do not," A yells while my eyes are closed. Opening them, I see A pulling at the person's hand. A and the shadowy person stare at each other before the person throws me behind him.

"Do not hurt her," A yells as he punches the shadowy person in the stomach before punching him across the face. "Do not hurt her! You will not hurt Alieen!"

A brings his hands together and slams them against the shadow person, the person flying through the air before hitting the old signpost. As he hits the signpost, the metal bends, and the price sign starts to fall over. I watch as the price sign falls and before I know it, I'm in its shadow.

"Alieen," the person shouts. He gets up and flies toward me. A also flies toward me but the person throws a bottle of water at A. The bottle opens and the water instead gets all over A. I watch as A screams when the water covers him. He drops to the ground and starts smoking. While he rolls around, the person grabs and carries me away just before the price sign hits the ground and collapses on itself.

"You," I stutter, looking at the shadowy person as he carries me away from the gas station. "You saved me?"

The person ignores me as we fly into the air. As much as I want to kick and push him away, I also don't want to fly out of the sky. I look down to see the water right below us.

"What," I say, wrapping my arms around the person. "Is that the ocean? Wait, is the San Francisco Bay? Are we flying over San Francisco Bay? Where are you taking me?"

The person still ignores me. I hit the person on the chest.

"Answer me," I say. "Where are you taking me? Where are we going? Who are you?"

The person moves his head and I feel my heart stops. The person is looking right at me. He staring right at me. I want to say something but whatever I want to say, the words get stuck in my throat. I cough, trying to get them out, but it's no use.

The person, still staring at me, stops flying and starts hovering.

"Oh no," I say, looking at the bay still right below us. Assuming I don't die from the impact, since we're hovering in the middle, it would take far more energy than I have to swim back to shore. "I regret not finishing my breakfast."

I expect the worst. I expect the person to lets me go any second now. I expect to hear the wind as I drop down. Only, I don't. I don't hear the wind. I still feel the person as he holds me. Nothing happens.

I look up to see the person still looking at me. He wipes something on my cheek before flying again. He seems to be flying a little slower than before. It takes a while but eventually, we make it to dry land. Dropping onto a patch of green grass, he lets me go and I step away.

"Uhhh, thank you," I say, looking at the shadowy person as he stands. "But why? Why did you bring me all the way here?"

The person doesn't say a word. Instead, he pulls out a slip of paper from thin air and hands it to me. I don't know why, but for some strange reason, I take the slip of paper. As soon as I have it, the person shoots into the air and flies away, leaving me behind.