Epilogue

A:

"We still want an explanation," Matt says while sitting at the counter.

"I know," Lafayette says after paying the pizza delivery man and returning with a large box. Placing the box on the kitchen counter, Lafayette flips it open and reveals a large pepperoni pizza. Lafayette is the first to grab a slice. "But for now, I just want to celebrate. I'm just so happy. I get to stay here."

"You get to stay here," Matt repeats.

"Yes," I say. "Lafayette gets to stay here."

"Okay," Matt slowly says. He looks at Alfred but Alfred shrugs his shoulders. The two then grab a slice of pizza for themselves.

"What about you, A," Alieen asks. "Can you stay too? Or do you have to go?"

"I can stay too," I answer with a smile. As soon as Alieen hears this, she smiles too. Seeing Alieen smile, I feel something inside me warm up. I do not know what it is, nor do I care. All I care about is that I am here.

Alieen and I both reach for a slice of pizza. Together, the five of us all talk and eat.

"This is a wonderful moment," I think. I look around, seeing the smiles of people I have grown close with. "Is this...happiness? Are these people...my friends now?"

"Ouch," Alfred cries, rubbing his arm. "What? What was that for?"

"I couldn't have also paid for some soda," Lafayette repeats. "You know I've been busy for a while now. I haven't been to work for almost a week now. Oh my god. I haven't been to work for almost a week now. Do I still even have a job at the gas station?"

"You better," Matt says. "The rent is due soon and you need to pay your share."

"Darn it," Lafayette says, throwing down her slice. "Well, there goes my appetite."

"Ouch," Matt yells.

"Ouch," Alfred cries again.

The two rub their arms after Alieen hits them.

"Thank you for ruining this pizza party," Alieen says. Seeing Matt and Alfred rub their arm while Alieen stares at them and Lafayette picks up her slice of pizza, I could not help but laugh.

"You can laugh," Lafayette asks.

"Yes," I answer after clearing my throat. "And no one is in pain. At least, not too much pain."

Lafayette narrows her eyes as she looks at me. As I turn my head away, we hear knocking on the front door. It takes only a few seconds for the knocking to turn into pounding.

"Sheesh," Matt says, throwing down his pizza slice and wiping his mouth. "Who is that? I'm coming! I'm coming!"

"Stop," I say, shooting out my hand. I stop Matt from getting up. For some reason, I sense something coming from behind the door. I turn back to Lafayette. When I do, Lafayette nods her head.

"She must sense something too," I think. Putting down my slice of pizza, I wipe my mouth and get up. Holding my hand behind my back, I prepare a telekinesis blast. I walk over to the front door and open it.

"You," I say, stepping back.

Jacob:

"We need to talk," I say. "You, me, and Leia."

A must have known it was serious. He didn't ask. He didn't even bother to stop me. Instead, he steps aside and lets me in. I walk into the apartment building and A guides me to everyone in the kitchen.

"You," Matt says. He, Alfred, and Alieen all jump up when they see me. "You! Oh my god! It's you! A! Do your thing!"

"My thing," A repeats. "What is my thing?"

"Calm down," I yell. I look around and see half a pizza on the counter. "Sorry to be interrupting your celebration but I need to talk with you and you. Now!"

"What's going on," Leia asks. "What happened?"

Getting everyone on one side of the counter, I pull out my cell phone. Turning it around for everyone to see, I tap it and give it to them.

"Did you know about this?"

On my phone is a video of A carelessly using his powers for everyone to see. It shows A catching a whole car, ripping off both the front tires and the door, and then healing the man. The man is glowing brightly as A heals him.

"No," Leia shouts. "Jacob, I swear. I didn't know about this."

I slam my fist on the counter and snatch my phone back.

"You did it now," I say, looking at A. "Congratulations. You did it now. You just brought all of Heaven and Hell into San Francisco."

"Brought all of Heaven and Hell into San Francisco," Alieen repeats. "What does that even mean?"

Python:

I turn my head when I see one of my demon minions running down the alley toward me.

"Prince Python," he shouts, stopping in front of me. "You need to see this."

My demon minion hands me his cell phone. On the screen, I see a paused video. Tapping the video, I see a face I haven't seen in a long time.

"You," I say. I rub my eyes to make sure I'm not seeing things. I rewind the video just to be sure and sure enough, my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.

"Where is this," I yell, grabbing my minion and slamming him against a dumpster.

"It is San Francisco," my minion answers. "San Francisco, California."

I let go of my minion, my minion dropping to his knees. Throwing his cell phone onto the ground near him, I turn around and walk away.

"Inform the others," I order. "Tell them we finally found him. I'll meet all of you there."

A circle of hellfire appears around me. A few seconds later, a portal opens up beneath me. It takes me to San Francisco.

Vanessa:

Humming to the music coming from my radio, I quickly stop and turn it off. I stop my van, making sure to put on the emergency brake before getting out of the driver's seat. Thankfully, despite how early it is, I can still see the sign as clear as day.

"Welcome to San Francisco, California," the sign reads. "Population: 793, 700. Elevation: 61."

Moving as fast as I can, preparing the camera and the timer on my cell phone, I run to stand in front of the sign. A few seconds later, I hear a snap.

"Awesome," I say, smiling when I see the picture. Immediately, I sent the picture to my girlfriend.

"Here in San Francisco, California," I text. "Miss you."

It doesn't even take a full minute before she replies.

"You're in San Francisco?!?! That's one of the places I always wanted to go to! Get me a souvenir."

"I'll bring you back a key chain," I answer.

My girlfriend texts me a smiley face. A few seconds later, she sent me a picture of her and everyone else.

"Miss you," she texts. "Can't wait for you to come back."

"Be back as soon as I can. I promise."

I put my phone back into my pocket and grab my outfit and gear.

"Okay. Time to hunt down some demons."