Part 3

~~Amira's POV~~

Once Luca and I get home he starts to eat before getting ready for his game.

I on the other hand, decide to go for a run. I go to my room and get my workout clothes on.

"Where u going caterpillar?" I hear Noah say as I walk down the stairs.

They call me caterpillar because that's what my dad used to call me all the time. I don't think there was a real reason for it tho. Ever since dad passed, they continued to use that nickname.

"For a run." I say before grabbing my wireless headphones.

"Without me? How rude." He says before giving me a water bottle.

"Don't stay too long we've got places to be." He tells me as I take the water bottle out of his hands.

"I won't." I say smiling as I leave the house.

~~~~~~

I'm about 15 minutes into my run and I took the trail down the park. I used to love this trail as a kid. My dad would take me here all the time and we would catch snakes and bugs all the time.

Being down here brings back good memories but also brings me back to the reality of my dad being gone.. I hate talking about it.

About five minutes later I start to see a little girl in a pink dress holding something.

As I get closer I start to slow down wondering why she's alone.

I stop in-front of her and realize she's holding a venomous snake.

"OH NO PUT THAT DOWN" not even thinking about my own safety I grab the snake out of her hands and release it back into the woods.

She starts crying.

"Oh no no no please don't cry it's okay." I pick her up as calmly as I can to help her calm down.

She starts to calm down and I begin asking her where her parents are.

She points forward down the trail.

Is this a kidnapping trap? Am I about to die? Do I follow this weird child? WHAT DO I DO?!? WHAT IF SHE REALLT IS LOST?!?

"Is your mom down the path?" I ask her

"nono.. my big big brother" she says in her cute little voice.

I can't help it shes so adorable.

I start walking with her in my hands hoping to find someone.

About 2 minutes later I see someone calling out a name I can't make out. But I can tell it's a male voice.

The little girls head looks up and that's when I know I found whoever lost her.

I start walking towards the voice.

"KATIEEEE"

"KATIE STOP HIDING!!!"

As I'm walking closer I start to see the figure of the guy who's screaming "Katie"

"HEY EXCUSE ME??" I ask only a couple meters away.

The guy turns around.

am I seeing this right?! 

Yes.. I'm seeing this right.

Blake Bennet breaks the distance between us once he hears me.

this is such an odd situation.

"sorry is this your sister?" I ask.

He sighs as he steps closer.

"I found her holding a venomous snake. thank god it didn't bit her."

He sighs again while taking his sister out of my hands.

"Of course she was. She's always running around catching this." He says in a low tone.

"I wanted snake." Katie says in her cute little voice.

I let out a small laugh. "Okay well I better get going, keep a better eye on her" I turn towards his sister. "And no more catching snakes cutie." I smile at her as she giggles.

Seriously he better watch her more closely who knows what could've happened if I wasn't there.

As I'm about to leave he steps in-front of me.

He doesn't say anything for awhile. "Thank you."

I stare at him for a second... "yea anytime."

His gaze doesn't seem to leave mine as I begin walking away.

I should probably start going home.

~~~~~~
-
-