Part 16

AMIRAS POV~

Its now Monday morning and I walk downstairs to eat some breakfast. As I'm walking down the stairs I hear my mothers voice. I haven't seen her in 3 days.

I walk into the kitchen and it looks like she's having a conversation with Noah.

"Hi mom!" I smile and give her a hug. I can sense the  tension in the room. "What's wrong?!"

I look at Noah and he sighs and looks at mom.

"Honey..." mom turns to face me.

"I'm leaving for a week. For work."

I freeze for a second. Moms never really home anyways but she's never been gone for that long. "Why?"

"Nothing for you to be concerned about. It's just work stuff. I will be back next week." I look at her and back at Noah

"Really? You're gonna leave again? You were just gone for 3 days." I cross my arms out of frustration

Mom stands up from her seat. "I don't have to explain myself to you. Go to your room and get ready for school."

I'm so frustrated I can't stand there for a minute longer. I walk up to my room and sit on my bed.

I can't stand her anymore. She's my mom and she doesn't act like it. Lilahs more of a mom to me than my own mother. I just want our family to be like it used to. With dad and mom happily living their best life.

I get ready for school and I walk downstairs to mom being gone. Of course.. she already left.

I walk out to meet Luca outside. It's been awhile since his injury. He's gotten better.

"Ready sis." He walks towards his car and gets in. I do the same by getting into the passenger side.

"I cant believe she's leaving again." I sigh and look outside the window and Luca reverses out of the driveway.

"I know.. but at least we have each other." He look at me for a second and smilies before turning back to face the road.

"I guess" I whisper to myself.

~~~~~||

At school:

I get into first period and I still don't see Andela. I haven't seen Zina in the halls either.

A couple minutes later I get a text on my phone:

Zina

"Hey! Andela and I are skipping today! Sorry for not asking if you wanted to join earlier I just assumed you'd say no like always. If you wanna come with us we can pick you up! Just let us know <33"

I never skip. I hate it. She was right tho.. I would've said no anyways.

"Yea sorry but I'm gonna say back here at school:) thank you tho! HAVE FUN <3"

After I send the message I take out all of my notes for this class.

The teacher does finishes taking attendance and Blake and Emiliano take a seat in front of me.

"You guys are late." Our teacher looks at them in disappointment

"My bad" Blake responds and then turns to me. "Where's Andela."

I'm surprised he remembers her name... "Uhm she's skipping why?"

"Oh nothing I just wanted to ask if you guys wanted to go to a party this Friday."

"Quiet blake! Talk after class!!!" Our teacher yells across the room.

I mouth 'I'll think about it' before he turns around.

The last party I went to was not fun. I'm honestly not sure if I wanted to go again...

Emiliano turns around and hands be a piece of paper.

Ik what happened last time might make you not wanna go. But you'll have us this time.

At the bottom of the note there was a phone number I looked up from the note to Emiliano pointing to Blake.

I'm guessing it's Blake's number. I can feel like checks heat up. I smile at Emiliano and he winks at me. I put the paper into my pocket. Should I text him later?! Should I go to this party?!

-
-
-