Valentines Day

It was ridiculous. Couples were acting sappy, and some teenagers (mostly girls,) were confessing their love with chocolates. Teruhashi, being the the pp girl*, was getting boxes and boxes of chocolate. She even got bouquets of roses. Nendou put some chocolate in Kaido's desk, who freaked out because he thought he got chocolates from a girl. Kaido was heartbroken when Nendou revealed himself as the chocolate giver. Saiki strongly disliked valentines day, as he could see how much each couple liked each other, and what everyone was thinking. A few breakups could be seen in the near future. Once again Saiki drifted to Hasegawa's thoughts. Kei disliked valentine's day as well. He has never received, or given, chocolates or flowers before. Although, each year his mother would give him candy of some kind, and his dad would give him some clothing or money. Kei appreciated the gesture, so every year he would give his mother flowers and his dad a little trinket. Gift giving was how Kei expressed his appreciation.

This year was different for Hasegawa. Saiki had followed the ravenette outside when a girl, red faced and clearly nervous, approached Kei, "H-Hasegawa... M-May I speak to you p-privately please?" She stammered with a flushed face. Hasegawa nodded, holding back a sigh. He's observed enough people to know that she was going to confess to him. There was silence between the two of them as Hasegawa and the girl stood outside. Kei waited for the girl to speak. 'Come on women! Hurry up already.' Saiki smiled at Kei's calm thoughts compared to the racing ones the girl had. Seeing as the girl wouldn't say anything, Hasegawa sighed and pulled out his notebook. "I'm sorry but I can't reciprocate your feelings. Although I thank you for liking someone like me, but I don't feel the same. I'm sorry." The girl smiled and rushed off crying, hiding the chocolate shaped hearts she had.

'Valentines sucks.' Kei sympathised with the girl. He knew feeling of unrequited love, a little too well. Saiki was about to leave until he heard Hasegawa's next thought, '...At least rejecting girls is better than everyone knowing the truth.' Kei brushed a hand through his hair before returning to class. Saiki wanted to know more. "The truth?" He wanted—no, he needed to know. Saiki tried to infiltrate Kei's mind further, but he couldn't find anything. Suddenly, Saiki apported a small teddy bear, and he irrationally teleported the bear into Hasegawa's desk.

When Hasegawa and Saiki got back, Kei's face sparkled as he saw the teddy bear. It had pale blue eyes, something they had in common. There was no indication who is from, so Kei turned around to ask Saiki. Saiki avoided the question by walking past him, shrugging and pushing his glasses up, wondering why he did such a thing. The class whined when Teruhashi said she had chocolates for someone. They all bombarded her with questions. 'PP girl has a crush?' The confusion was apparent on Kei's face as Kaido teased him, "Oh~ What's this? Does our little Hasegawa have feelings for Teruhashi?" Kaido nudged him. Hawsegawa made a face of utter disgust and shook his head. Kei glanced towards Saiki.

Teruhashi gasped loudly, earning basically everyone to look her way. She was talking to Yumehara who was blushing and waving her hands around. Yumehara was having problems with her boyfriend. Saiki had planned to assist them, since he had nothing else to do. Also to get away from Teruhashi, who was pleading that Saiki and Hasegawa would give her a valentines gift. Hasegawa could feel eyes on him all day but whenever he turned around, nobody was there. "Don't worry dude, I'll protect you from those ghosts!" Nendou proclaimed after he heard Hasegawa was 'being watched.' "D-Don't be ridiculous! Y-Y'know there's no such thing as ghosts!" Kaido tried to reason but his voice trembled. Nendou became Kei's personal body guard, no matter how many times Kei protested. Teruhashi stopped creeping around Saiki and Hasegawa eventually, she decided to change her approach.

After school, while Saiki tried to patch up Yumehara's relationship, Hasegawa followed along. Akemi's favourite flowers at the moment could only be found at a certain shop and Kei was willing to go to extra mile, because he turns the flowers into bookmarks and seeing his mom's face brighten at the gift was worth everything. He also figured he could find something weird and new for his dad too. Yumehara's likeablilty meter for her boyfriend steadily went up, with Saiki's assistance, but that all came crashing down when they went to eat at a restaurant.

Saiki gave up when Yumehara broke up with her boyfriend. Someone's likeabilty can change at the drop of a hat. Saiki's problems only just started because Yumehara started liking him, for some reason, and he bumped into Hasegawa. Kei spotted Saiki and brought him a little glass dolphin. "Hey Saiki!" Kei tried to get Saiki's attention, he wasn't sure if Saiki knew sign language, one way to find out. Saiki nodded back, Kei beamed a smile when Saiki understood him. "Here! A valentines gift! From one friend to another."

It was a pointless gift to Saiki because he could probably create something similar, but he smiled and accepted it. '...Holy shit I think I love him.' Kei couldn't resist Saiki's smile, an actual smile. 'I totally love him. He's so cute. Omg.' Kei became
red and Saiki felt something fuzzy in his stomach. "I'm glad you like it." Kei had red cheeks and the biggest smile ever. Saiki shook off the thing he was feeling and offered to walk home together, Hasegawa was more than happy to take him up on the offer. There wasn't much communication between them, until Teruhashi approached them and tried to touch their arms. Both boys back away, making Teruhashi lose her balance. "Nice to see you boys." She tried signing. Kei could tell she was getting desperate because she was signing too fast and she is clearly a beginner. Hasegawa looked confused and pretended he didn't know what she was saying, Saiki caught on and did the same thing.

It was funny watching Teruhashi try to talk to two guys who didn't want anything to do with her. Kei opened his phone before pulling out his notebook. "Sorry, my mom wants us home." He held up the book and grabbed Saiki's arm before he could protest, which he wouldn't because he was glad to be away from her. 'WHY WON'T THESE BOYS SAY "OH WOW?!" UGH! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! How could I, Kokomi Teruhashi, the perfect pretty girl, be refused by anyone?!' Teruhashi got angry and Saiki was glad they left. Kei apologised for pulling him away. "It's fine. It's not like I like her anyway." Saiki was going to erase the mistake he made from Kei's mind when, Kei giggled and said that he didn't like her either. Hasegawa was glad they had something in common.

Saiki placed the glass dolphin on his shelf, protected by one of his abilities. It shines in the sunlight and creates a holographic rainbow pattern. Kusuo never left the dolphin alone without its protective barrier.

___________________________________
*the pp girl refers to the last chapter meaning 'the perfect pretty girl'