Chapter 12

The Next Morning 

In the battle arena of St. Freya two fighters could be seen in a seemingly intense spar. The first of the fighters is a female combatant who is primarily using hand to hand techniques and wearing gauntlets. The second fighter is a male combatant who is using a sword. Evenly matched in terms of skill both of the fighters were at stalemate as they reached a reset and were catching their breaths. 

"I must say class monitor, you're quite skilled." 

"I'm certainly not disappointed with yours Ky Kiske." 

Finishing with their break both of them began running at each other. Using his running momentum Ky Kiske performed a flying kick calling out

"Foudre Arc!"

as Fu Hua brought her arms up to block the kick. Landing Ky swung his sword around connected with Fu Hua's arms who managed to knock his sword away from her. 

Now in a open position Ky dashed back in order to avoid a swift kick from Fu Hua. Firing a Stun Edge at her, jumping up he launched himself off a barrier and performed a slash. Connecting with Fu Hua's block, Ky immediately summoned a lightning sigil as it managed to open her guard as Ky landed and brought his sword down onto her shoulder.

Immediately after landing the strike Ky brought his sword up, sending Fu Hua up and performed the same flying kick. With the kick connecting in the air Fu Hua was sent directly into the ground as he performed a crouching slash and went into a wide sweeping slash before performing a Dire Éclat.

With all hits connecting Fu Hua was sent away from Ky and was inflicted with the same electrical energy as when Ky fought Kiana. Sliding along the ground Fu Hua rolled back onto her feet as Ky ran forward and sent a kick at her.

Due to her position Fu Hua was able to dodge the kick as she dashed back and leapt up and slammed her fist into the ground. Stunned by impact Ky was left open for Fu Hua to start a combo of her own.

Starting with a swift palm strike forward, into an uppercut, rotating her body downward in a sweeping strike, bringing her body around in an upper ward kick, retracted her leg back before raising it again only to bring it down and bring her arm around in another sweep, with another uppercut connecting she ended it with a final kick to Ky's stomach. 

The final kick had enough to send Ky into the air, now not stunned Ky was able to reorient himself in the air and was able land on his feet. Immediately Ky brought his arm in a circle and performed Sacred Edge calling out, 

"Sacred Edge!" 

Fu Hua who had managed to predict what Ky was going to do fired two balls off lightning before firing a larger ball of lightning. The projectiles collided as Sacred Edge easier blew threw the first two balls but met resistance at the larger ball. 

Despite the resistance the Sacred Edge still went through and forced Fu Hua to stop and block. Ky who had also been charging forward took this opportunity to get close to Fu Hua and send himself upward swinging his sword in a arc above him and shouting, 

"Vapor Thrust!" 

Fu Hua attempted to dodge under the arc that slash made but was clipped and was knocked down. Landing a decent bit away from Fu Hua, Ky immediately began gathering lightning around him he brought his sword around his head saying, 

"Embrace the Light," 

 as he charged forward creating a barrier of lightning in front of him shouting,

"RIDE THE LIGHTNING!"

Getting up from where she was, Fu Hua saw what Ky was doing as she charged forward with a punch. With her fist colliding with the barrier, a resounding boom could be head as Fu Hua dashed back and leapt up. As she was doing this Ky began a rising slash, Fu Hua descended, as the slash and punch managed to connect with each other. 

Ky was sent directly into the ground while Fu Hua flew to the far side of the arena with pained groans from both of them as they hit the ground. With a little bit of struggle from both of them as they got up with Ky saying, 

"I think that we should stop here before one of us gets hurt badly." 

As she walked toward him Fu Hua said,

"I have to agree with you here." 

Walking out of the arena they went to the stands and took a seat in the nearest seat. Removing his sword from the scabbard Ky began inspecting the blade when he said, 

"Your quite adept with at Ki manipulation." 

Removing her gauntlets and checking them as well Fu Hua replied with, 

"Thank you, I have been practicing for quite a long time." 

Sheathing his sword back into the scabbard, 

"We should do this again, I quite enjoyed this spar." 

"I must agree, I have not come across many magic users and I would like to see more of it."

"Your mastery over Ki is almost on par with my master." 

"Who is your master, perhaps I might know of them."

"The former commander of the Sacred Order of Holy Knights, Kliff Undersn." 

Now in a thinking pose with her hand on her chin Fu Hua repeatedly said, "Kliff Undersn," before she was able to remember who they were. 

Leaning forward and looking at Ky and saying, 

"You may be severely overestimating my skill, Kliff Undersn is one of the strongest warriors humanity has to offer. I don't think I would be comparable to his strength." 

"I'm not comparing your strength to his, what I'm comparing is your control over Ki. As I said before you're almost on par with him, given enough time I'm certain you'll reach his level of mastery." 

Getting up from her seat, Fu Hua did a quick bow and said,

"Thank you Ky for your compliment, and I apologize for doubting what you said." 

"No need to apologize it was a slight misunderstanding." 

Grabbing her gauntlets Fu Hua said, 

"Why don't we head back to the dorms." 

Getting up from his seat Ky replied with, 

"I agree, it is getting close to noon anyway." 

After this Ky entered the locker rooms and got changed into his causal clothes. Exiting the auditorium, Ky made his way back to the dorms. Entering the dorm Ky went into the living room and to his surprise Fu Hua was also there.

Stopping where he was Ky said, 

"Oh, I didn't know that you were here too." 

Hearing Ky Fu Hua turned to him, 

"I apologize if this is a surprise, I had a mission and was unable to return back to the dorm." 

Taking a seat next to her Ky said, 

"That's not a problem." 

Both of them turned their attention to Kiana getting absolutely destroyed by Bronya as Kiana jumped up in rage. 

Author's notes: I'm going to be honest, I don't know if Fu Hua is in the same dorm as the rest of the cast and just added it here. If I'm wrong, oh well, that what happens in this universe. I also firmly believe that Fu Hua is best girl and none of you can change my mind.