Chapter 21

The rest of the mission went without a hitch as Ky returned. What was left of the horde were exterminated and the group returned back to St. Freya. But Ky's foul mood was very noticeable and permeated the air on the way back. So much so that everyone on the Hyperion had taken notice and most chose to steer clear of Ky. Standing by the windows that showed the world below, the eyes that watched the sea with wonder and peace now held a look of anger and turmoil.

Taking notice of Ky standing by himself, as well as the wide berth her crew gave him, Himeko approached Ky. Silently walking up to him before saying,

"No matter how hard you stare at the window holes aren't going to appear."

"If you're trying to cheer me up with a joke, it's going to work." replied Ky, eyes still focused on the sea.

Placing her hand on her chest and feigning pain, Himeko said,

"Don't mince your words do you. But did you really think I wouldn't notice you sulking in the corner. Just what happened out there?"

Finally acknowledging Himeko with his attention, Ky said,

"I met someone from my time in the Order. Someone I don't have the greatest history with."

"I'd thought a little bit of bad blood wouldn't rile you up like that."

"It's more than bad blood between us, we've been in disagreement in everything for as long as we've known each other."

"I've had my fair share of unlikable comrades, and I have to admit I'm not free of any arguments, but I'm pretty sure you're more level headed than I am."

"I appreciate the compliment, but the last time we met ended badly and there's something I need to settle with him."

"Well not much I can do there, but you better curb your anger, I don't know if you've noticed but everyone's been steering clear of you. Maybe swing your sword around when we get back."

"Understood Major."

"Yeah yeah, but when you come back for dinner you better be in at least a decent mood." she said as she walked away. Watching Himeko, a small smile crept onto Ky's face as he turned to watch the sea, eyes more peaceful than they were earlier.

Some Time Later

Arriving back at St. Freya, Ky took Himeko's advice and immediately headed towards the training rooms. Once he had reached the training rooms, Ky immediately decided to take his frustration out on the poor virtual Honkai beasts in the training simulator. No matter how many beasts Ky decided he would throw at himself, everything was annihilated without a second thought. Lightning arced throughout the room, flesh was severed and melted with every strike of the Thunderseal.

The Honkai beasts slowly melted back into pixels as the simulation ended. All of the anger and tension that Ky held had almost all been dissipated with each swing of his sword. Whatever was left would eventually disappear with time. Wiping the sweat off his brow, Ky exited the simulation room, to be greeted by a girl with blonde hair and yellow dressed in.... rather revealing clothes in Ky's opinion. A purple cloth over a black bra and white skirt to be specific.