Chapter 7

*Middle of the night after the dinner*

Hannah's POV

I looked at my clock. It was 5am I am wide awake. Ever since Austin got back I haven't been able to sleep properly after seeing him. Why did he make me feel like this? He knows what he is putting me through. And then the little "I'm thinking about moving home" stunt he pulled at dinner! Who does he think he is? It's not like he'a Justin Bieber! The last few years have been hell seeing him on tv and in magazines but now seeing him in person just makes me want to scream and cry. I hopped out of bed and walked into the sitting room. There might be something on tv. Hopefully. I switched it on and flicked through the channels. I found old episodes of Family Guy. I fell asleep on the couch but at 6am a knock on my door woke me. I got up and looked at my watch again just to make sure it was actually 6am. It was. I thought it would be Andrew but he had a key. When I opened it I got the shock of my life. It was Austin.

Austins POV

I was awake most of the night. I felt so bad about what I did that it kept me up all night. By 5:30 I couldn't take it much longer. I looked for mums address book to see if Hannah's new address is in it. Sure enough it was. I put the address in my satnav and drove to her appartment. It was only 10 minutes away. I sat out in my car until 6 thinking should I go in or not. Then I got out and went up stairs. I knocked on the door which had 36b on it. Hannah opened the door and looked startled. 

"What are you doing here? At 6am?" She whispered. 

"Can I come in?please ? I need to talk to you" 

She hesitated for a moment then nodded. I walked in and stood awkwardly for a minute. I looked around. Her apartment was lovely. It was also bigger than I imagined. 

"Well what was it you wanted Austin?" She asked after 5 minutes. 

I went over to the sofa and sat down. 

"Well I just wanted to apologise about what happened earlier. I feel genuinely terrible about it now. I never meant to hurt you the way I did. Not last night and not 4 years ago either. You meant the world to me. You were like my sister and best friend. After we fell out I couldn't cope. The amount of times I almost rang you when I had a problem. Then when we broke up I couldn't face you telling me I told you so. That was the toughest year of my life. I even have the scars to prove it." I looked at the ground. 

She grabbed my wrists and looked at them. She could see the faded scars. She then looked in my eyes with sadness. 

"Why would you do that? You have everything you could possibly need but then when things don't go your way you take out a blade. You'd think you wouldn't after what I went through. Why were you that stupid?!" She shouted at me. 

Now I was embarrassed. " You're the only one that knows about the scars. And you can't tell anyone please." I asked. 

"Don't worry it's not my story to tell I wouldn't do that. Is there anything else?"  

"I just wanted to apologise to you before it was too late again and I think tonight was the best time after earlier." 

Anger came into her eyes "What do you think I'd forgive you after what you've done to me? You show up to my house after you turn down the invitation? Call me names when I tell you the truth. Ignore me when you firt see me and then show up at work? In afraid I'm not a push over Austin I don't forgive as easily as some people. If you want to gain my trust again you'll need to do more than show up at 6am to apologise." 

"I'm not like the other girls who will do anything you say! I don't care that you have a ton of money and that your a singer. To me you're still that dorky kid that lived beside me who liked to sing. I hate saying it but fame changed you."