Chapter 25

Hannah's POV

We pulled up to an old looking buliding. It's kinda something like that physco hospital in Pretty Little Liars. But just not as creepy looking. I got out of the car and walked up the front steps while dad got my bags. I was a little scared to be honest. I didn't know what to expect. I looked around. The place was in middle of the country side. It really was lovely.  It was the only building around for miles. The green grass surrounded the place and the path was covered in trees. I bet it was creepy in middle of the night.

We walked through the front doors and were greeted by a nurse at the front desk.

"Hello how may I help you?"

I looked at dad hoping he'd speak. Which he did. I've never really been a speaker I've always let mom or dad do the explaining when they'd take me to the doctors or to the dentist. I got shy and nervous all of a sudden.

"Hi my daughter, Hannah Smith, is staying here for a few months."

"Oh right I heard we had a new patient coming in today. Please just fill out these forms and I'll go check is her room ready."

It made it sound like I was checking into a hotel. Dad asked did I want to fill in the forms but I just let him do it. I'd probably spell my name wrong or something. It wouldn't be the first time. Once I spelt my name wrong on a test and everyone thought there was a new girl called Hannah Snith in our class. I was only 8 it wasn't my fault. 

"Han, what year were you born again?"

I rolled my eyes. Typical dad.

"1996"

A tall blond haired woman came out with a clipboard in her hand. She looked very professional. 

"Hi you must be Hannah? I'm Doctor Leanna Trescot I'll be your doctor while you stay here. Now I'm sure you know that you'll not be allowed phones,laptops,ipads or anything else that you can contact outside from."

"I left everything at home"

"That's good. You will be allowed a visit every 3 weeks or so. Other than that you will not get to see anyone. And the people you do see will have to be realitives or very close friends. We can't let random people in here for safety reasons and for your mental health. Every day you'll have counciling where you can talk to them about everything and anything. Any questions?"

"How long will I be in here for?"

She gave me a half smile

"We hope that in 2 months you'll be better but things don't always go to plan. You could be in her for 5 months if you don't recover well enough. You will get check ups every week as well. Just for us to check how you're progressing."

I nodded and felt a tear go down my cheek. I'd most likely miss the birth of my niece or nephew.

"It's alright sweetheart. We're here to help you. This isn't a bad place you're safe in here. It's not that scary."

"I know thats not why I'm crying" I turned and looked at dad "I'm gonna miss Matt's baby being born amn't I"

"You might not you could be out in time"

"Whos Matt?"

"My brother. His wife is having a baby in  2 months"

She gave me another half smile. She seems nice enough I guess.She isn't much older than I am. Maybe 27? 

"Are you ready to go in now? I think you shoud say goodbye to your dad. I'll be over here"

I stood up and so did dad. I squeezed him tightly.